Place to Stay in NYC that is like an apartment?

Posted by Cathy 
Hello,

I am planning to visit the city in May on business and am looking for a place to stay for 5 days that is more like a apartment than a hotel. I don't like staying in hotels because of the formality of a hotel. The walking by the desk, the lounge downstairs, etc. Plus, many hotel rooms don't have a place where I can cook.
I like my privacy when I am travelling, so I am not looking for a hostel or shared bathrooms or shared kitchen spaces. Does anyone know of a place that is less like a hotel and more like an apartment to stay in while in NYC that has private bath, private entrance and kitchen? Or am I dreaming?
Cathy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2007 07:58PM by (n/a).
KT(aka Karen, Daisiegee.....)
Re: Place to Stay in NYC that is like an apartment?
February 22, 2007 01:18AM
You can rent an apartment through various agencies ( www.nyhabitat.com, www.lodgis .com) or directly through the owner (www.vrbo.com).I myself usually rent a place on the UWS (www.jacksbandb.com). It's in a brownstone, so the main door is shared by all apartments, and then you have your own front door key. There are 2 one bedroomed and the others are stusios, all with kitchen and private bath in a great area.
You can also try taking a looking City Prime Realty, www.cityprimerealty.com. I found a great apartment with them. They are extremely knowledgeable about the market.
We stayed here and loved it. [www.ancostudios.com]

I felt like I was part of the neighborhood. Be sure to request a room on the second or third floor. I was able to see rooms on all floors, and the first floor rooms were basement like.

My daughter and I shared a room and it was HUGE, comes with bath and kitchen with table for two, and more closet space then we needed, 2 full beds, 2 futons, coffee table, side chairs. Lots of room for us to entertain. I think we paid $165 per day about 2 yrs ago.

Only one subway, the number six, but even though we traveled often at rush hour it was never a problem, and a nice walk.
I've stayed with

[www.oxbridgeny.com]

on three occasions and they were ok. One of theirs that I stayed with was on W46 St btw 5/6 Ave and really handy for Times Square.

If yours is a business trip that may not be the most important point.
April 07, 2007 09:20PM
Cathy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
>
> I am planning to visit the city in May on business
> and am looking for a place to stay for 5 days that
> is more like a apartment than a hotel. I don't
> like staying in hotels because of the formality of
> a hotel. The walking by the desk, the lounge
> downstairs, etc. Plus, many hotel rooms don't have
> a place where I can cook.
> I like my privacy when I am travelling, so I am
> not looking for a hostel or shared bathrooms or
> shared kitchen spaces. Does anyone know of a place
> that is less like a hotel and more like an
> apartment to stay in while in NYC that has private
> bath, private entrance and kitchen? Or am I
> dreaming?
> Cathy

Cathy, If you're by yourself or just 2 people, I may have a good solution for you.
It's a 2 br shared apt on the upper west side in Manhattan. It has a shared bathroom & kitchen, but don't let this fool you, nor tune me out just yet.
I stayed with this lady last year, not too keen on sharing a bathroom, etc, etc. However, the owner of the apt is seldom home, so it isn't like you're always bumping into her or having to "go around her" to do your thing in the apt.
The apt itself is on the 1st floor, with superintendent usually around during the day, your own set of keys to the apt. It really is an excellent setup for a single person.
If this sounds appealing and you're interested in more, you can e-mail me directly at jeffreysmith@ltdkate.com.

I've visited nyc 3 times in 3 years, the past 2 visits, last one from march 22-april 1, I stayed with Nancy again.

Jeff
We stayed at the Radio City Apartments (www.radiocityapartments.com)
They have studios but also one- or two bedroom apartments.
Great location and everything looked really good.
have fun!
April 16, 2007 10:13PM
You can always just browse the Sublet section of Craigslist and you're likely to find something that meets your needs. A friend of mine comes into town for a week or so every now and again, and that's what he always does.
Some B&Bs have kitchenettes. Try here to start your search:[www.bedandbreakfast.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 12?
Online Users

Guests: 9