Colman's Mustard and other UK treats

Posted by Scottishlass 
Colman's Mustard and other UK treats
February 14, 2007 08:04AM
Hello there,

I am staying in NY til May and would love to access a few of my UK favourite condiments etc. Is there a store in the Upper West Side that I could get these things - like Colman's English Mustard, Tetley's Tea bags, digestive biscuits?
Please help! I know I should embrace all things American while here but I just can't cope without a few things from back home.

Luv
Lisa xxxxxxxxxxxx
KT(aka Karen, Daisiegee.....)
Re: Colman's Mustard and other UK treats
February 14, 2007 08:10AM
It's not on the UWS, but Myers of Kendal(http://www.myersofkeswick.com/) stock a variety of " British" goods. There's also the Tea and Sympathy store on Greenwich Ave (http://www.teaandsympathynewyork.com/home.php).
Tetley's Tea should be in any grocery store, and I think you will find the mustard there too. A good sized shopping center should have the biscuits which we call cookies. The kind you want are usually on the top shelf.
I meant to say grocery store, not shopping center.
copying from a previous post....

A Salt and Battery serves fish & chips. The crumpets are at Tea & Sympathy, the traditional English tea house run by the same people. It's at Greenwich Avenue and Jane Street in the village. If you want packaged British goods, there's a British specialty grocery store called Myers of Keswick also in that neighborhood.
Hi Scotlass,

I have just tucked into a nice Marks & Spencer sub roll with ham, salad and colmans english mustard to top it off!!! I have a nice cup of hot tetley tea waiting for me to wash it down and a few digestive biscuits to dunk in the tea for a snack!!!

But im stuck in liverpool and your in NYC - I dont know how you can even think about mustard, tea and biscuits when your in New York City UNITL MAY!!

ENJOY!!!
Re: Colman's Mustard and other UK treats
February 22, 2007 03:32PM
I've some French's mustard in the fridge, and just had a cookie with my coffee!

Maybe we should be swapping places Scottishlass!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 5