Cookware shop

Posted by Scottishlass 
Cookware shop
January 02, 2007 07:43PM
Hi,

I am living around 77/78th Street and Broadway for a couple of weeks and want to know where I can buy inexpensive cookware. I need a fish slice (thing for getting eggs out of a frying pan), a colander, a wooden spoon and an extra pan. Any places nearby that I could go to?

Many thanks
Lisa
Re: Cookware shop
January 02, 2007 07:56PM
You're close to Bed Bath & Beyond and Gracious Home, which are both in the Lincoln Center area. I'd try BB&B first, though--Gracious Home tends to be overpriced,
January 03, 2007 08:44AM
Lisa,
The Bowery off of Houston is really a great place to go for cheap cookware. It's where the restaurants shop for there pot's and pans etc...cheap.
January 03, 2007 12:19PM
I love the different words we all use. A fish slice is what we would call a spatula, or even a pancake turner. A spatula is also the rubber implement on a wooden handle that we use to scrape the last of the pancake batter from the bowl.
January 03, 2007 03:45PM
Thanks for your help!
Yes, it is funny all the different words we use! We only use the word spatula for the plastic thing with a wooden handle for getting mixture out of bowls etc.
I hardly ever use a fish slice for fish! Mostly for eggs!

Many thanks to you all

Luv
Lisa
January 03, 2007 05:55PM
Upstairs in Jacks 99c store on 32nd Street between 6th and 7th Aves is great for cheap cookware, of course it is not all 99c.

By the way, we call it an egg lifter.
January 04, 2007 10:27AM
Does NYC have Big Lots? It's great for starting out a kitchen, and of course it is worth it to go to IKEA too for a little more money.

I seem to recall using the term "egg turner" in my life. Most likely as a kid before I cooked seriously.
Oracle?
January 05, 2007 08:03PM
Omigod, you're two blocks from Zabar's!!!! Get yourself up to their second floor housewares shop. Broadway and 80th.
Jacks 99c store
January 07, 2007 04:34AM
Dear Marea
i love the jacks 99c store.
Do you now of this jacks 99c store have a website ?
please let me now when it is so.
Very thanks for your help .

Greatigs from Holland to you .

Vera
January 07, 2007 06:54AM
As far as I know they don't have a website but they are a great store as is Webers which is next door. You have to troll through a lot of crap but there are lots of gems to be had in both places.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 16?
Online Users

Guests: 4