Bars in NYC

Posted by michael 
Bars in NYC
November 21, 2006 07:39AM
hi there,

we're an irish couple late 20s/early 30s heading to NYC later this week, staying around the Time Square Area.

I'm looking for the names of a few non-irish trendy bars (to impress the wife!!!!) in the midtown area.............

Any help appreciated....with a Pint of Guinness!!!!!!

Thanks

Michael
Re: Bars in NYC
November 21, 2006 01:36PM
Non Irish bar...that's a good one...........(hey my gfather was from Dublin, gmother from Tipperary...I can joke about it).

ESPN Zone in Tmes Squre is cool. [www.espnzone.com]

I'm also a fan of Blondies [blondiessports.com]
Great wings.
November 21, 2006 03:24PM
Get out of midtown!
Just returned from The Gramercy Park Hotel...It's been open for several monthes now. Gorgous...fireplace lounge like bar pool table...upscale, very cool. Ian S hit a home run. it's swanky yet not over the top chic...def stop in for a drink..then you can walk around the corner to Petes Tavern. Viola

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2006 03:24PM by askanewyorker.
November 22, 2006 11:16AM
It breaks my heart that the Gramercy went Condo, but glad to hear the bar came out nicely. It's on the list. Sushi Samba is also around the corner and fun place to pop into.
December 18, 2006 04:36PM
Salsa made over to Gramercy Park Hotel [www.gramercyparkhotel.com] Sat evening which incidently still is a hotel but with condos nexted door by Ian Schrader. The make over inside is pretty cool. Two working fire places and a lodge like feeling with Shnabels and Basquiat[www.basquiat.net] and others hang on the walls and a pool table. Before hand enjoyed a round at Jimmy's Corner best dive bar in the city on 44th street.
[nymag.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2006 04:44PM by askanewyorker.
December 20, 2006 09:44AM
It is beautiful!!!! too bad it is no longer in my budget, but a drink would be nice. The Chrysler Building looks so beautiful from the rooftop bar, too bad it's not private.
September 05, 2010 08:19AM
try the flatiron lounge...[www.flatironlounge.com] it's in the flatiron building
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 7?
Online Users

Guests: 6