After Thanksgiving sales in NY

Posted by Ailin 
After Thanksgiving sales in NY
November 15, 2006 03:00AM
We will be in Ny for Thanksgiving. Can you tell us where to go shopping for the best deals during the black friday sales? Thanks!!
Re: After Thanksgiving sales in NY
November 15, 2006 09:16AM
I will leave this one for E.S. who is counting down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 15, 2006 12:46PM
HI Salsa,

E.S.? We are from California and usually go crazy for the black Friday but since we will be in Ny this time, we were wondering if you guys will know what to do and where to go. Also what time should we start raiding the stores? =]

Thanks.
Did someone mention the Sales??

Wahoo!!! Only 9 big sleeps to go! It seems like only yesterday (300 or so!) that I started counting down..and now I'm into single figures!!

Mell and I will be making our appearance at the Times Square webcam, we're just working on our routine for the big event..and deciding on what to wear!

Back to the serious business.....head straight for Macy*s the shopping emporium! Not quite sure what time it opens, but be sure to pick up a copy of the New York Post for some money off vouchers, and if you're out of state pop into the visitor bureau with your i.d and pick up your discount card!

Happy shopping!
November 15, 2006 06:05PM
ahh, E.S. - English Shopper. Haha Thanks!
And thanks for letting us know about getting a discount card. You guys are the best. I think macys open at 7:00 am. Maybe I should bring like a back pack or something to store all my stuff, hehehe. I'M SO EXCITED GUYS!!!!!! Our first time in NY and we'll be there for the black friday.

Is it usually crazy? The after Thanksgiving sale? Like will I get run over by crazy shoppers or something? =]
November 16, 2006 12:59AM
Have you sorted out a date and time for your appearance ES? With the high standard set last time (your friend as the Ayatollah still has me in stitches...) you'll have to put your thinking cap on.

Karen
It's manic! But fun!

If I was you I'd avoid doing the usual touristy things during that weekend as the queues will be horrendous, so, get your credit card out and shop til you drop!

Just for your info Bloomongdales also have a discount card, and Lord and Taylor is worth a visit, in my iopinion a very quaint department store. If you really want to bag a bargain, and are prepared to fight for it, then head down to Century 21 - opposite Ground Zero.

There are plenty of other shops to discover. A lot depends on your taste and what you're looking for. Just enjoy yourself!

I actually arrive on Black Friday, and can't wait!

Just EIGHT big sleeps to go!

ES
November 16, 2006 10:50AM
Joe just emailed me a minute ago and said how about spending next Thanksgiving in NYC!!! Woohoo!
November 16, 2006 12:31PM
You're a lucky girl Salsa..what a lovely man that Joe is!
November 16, 2006 01:27PM
yipee salsa!

is there only one macy emporium that English Shopper is talking about?
Would that 10 story one be the one to go to?
Ailin...

Its on 34th Street/Herald Square....you can't miss it!

ES
November 16, 2006 02:25PM
Just as lovely as your David winking smiley

How fabulous to have the chance to meet English Shopper and Mell! We could have all kinds of fun running into each other in the different depts. at Macy'ssmiling bouncing smiley, not to mention taking a break in the basement smileys with beer for something nice and cold eh?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 3