Top ten reasons why I love NY

Posted by kennedy 
Re: Top ten reasons why I love NY
November 09, 2006 03:49PM
Natasja, you write well. Your words touched my heart. You should do poetry slam.
Robert
November 16, 2006 12:23PM
Natasja,
A big welcome back to your arrival! Loved your top ten.
November 27, 2006 02:20PM
10. Taxi Cabs

9. Subways

8. West Village

7. Nightlife!

6. RESTAURANTS!!!!

5. Diversity

4. It's like Walking in a GIANT OUTDOOR MALL

3. Central Park

2. Brunch

1. LIVE THEATRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 29, 2006 06:20AM
Spot on Mike.
September 19, 2007 03:09PM
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love New York:

10. Those little sparkles in the sidewalks

9. Insanely cool opportunities to see things I've never seen anywhere else (like the inside of the clock tower in the court building downtown or the weird sculptures on the roof of the old McGraw Hill building on west 42nd street)

8. Pizza delivered to my door at three o'clock in the morning!

7. Cocktails on the top of the Beekman Tower - ooooooo, that view...

6. Free Live Music all over town (Toots and the Maytals once at the bandshell in CP, BB King with no cover once on the UWS, street performers errrrrywhere...)

5. The Circle Line

4. ART in Public Places!!!!!!

3. The Festivals - (Epic memory: Getting stuck on a little ferris wheel in an alleyway once at San Genarro - the ride was close enough to the windows of an apartment it was next to that the dwellers of the apt. took pity on my friends and I and shared a bottle of wine with us while we waited for the ride to get going again [we kinda got so that we really didn't care if or when it did])

2. The kindness of strangers

1. The unending ease with which one can entertain one's self and visiting friends ENTIRELY for FREE!
September 20, 2007 09:49AM
Lucia! I loved number 3! What a cool memory.smiling smiley
September 20, 2007 10:02PM
Thanks, Salsa ~ I love this site! It is making me verrry nostalgic...it has been waaaaaay too long since I was there! New York is calling me and I can't go, but this site is soothing my soul - "Great Stuff!".
September 21, 2007 03:35PM
Girl, I know just where you are coming from. This is how I get my fix until I am able to go again and experience something new, that I learned about from this site! I keep a file in my Favorites called New York, and the links are for all lodging, sites, and experiences people have shared here. It's a good way to take a mental trip to NY too. winking smiley
September 21, 2007 07:27PM
owmygod, you TOTally READ me!
;o}}}
June 21, 2010 09:11AM
Again, the secret to finding happiness in New York, in my humble opinion, isn't necessarily the big score, the IPO that makes you a billionaire overnight, winning the legal case that caps your career, or making your debut on Broadway. It's finding a window seat on the bus and enjoying the unfolding panorama for the next 20 blocks; it's the anticipation of watching the train's headlights illuminating the subway tracks ahead of it and heralding its arrival in the station; more than anything, it's the people-watching.

[online.wsj.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 09:13AM by askanewyorker.
Oracle?
June 21, 2010 12:01PM
You're right, but that winning lottery ticket isn't bad either.
June 21, 2010 05:45PM
Fun to read through that old thread.

Great article, and I agree with Oracle, especially as we would then be doing business together on Gramercy Park
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 4?
Online Users

Guests: 7