spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,spam, spam

Posted by Salsa 
That's the song I have in my head as I wonder when the "back door" will be in place. KM, I know this is annoying for you most of all. Just wondering sweetie.
Now, where does that song come from? In my head it's a chorus of men's voices,singing in stacatto.
Re: spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,spam, spam
October 27, 2006 03:21PM
I'm with you here Salsa, it's so annoying. Monty Python's the answer...you should have asked Sophia!
October 27, 2006 07:09PM
I know, I know...it's horrible. The 'back end'... well we really are trying many ways to solve this headache...I'm a delting machine and am getting tired.....help! We will overcome spam!
October 27, 2006 08:48PM
Australia introduced antispam laws a while back and are enforcing them, this week one man and his company were fined around $6 million for sending millions of unsolicited emails. Perhaps the US should look into this, it would have to be under federal legislation, not state, in order to work.
October 28, 2006 10:55AM
I only wish we had the same regulations. I'm on yahoo mail, which has an excellent filter and separates the junk into a separate folder. I empty the folder every couple of days, when it reaches 1,000 messages!

I think I big part of the problem stems from our innocent routing of cute stuff to our friends. If I send you something, and you just hit "forward," you are sending my email address to everyone on your list. It increases exponentially. I haven't stopped sending stuff I think is cute, but what I do is hit "forward," and then delete everything from the message but the message itself. And I put my friends' addresses in the "BCC" field, so no one receives anyone else's email address. I've been tempted on occasion to respond to incoming messages that have literally hundreds of strangers' addresses, or just block them entirely. But I still love my friends and the jokes they send!

We don't have a filter at work, and it has become insane. I spend the first half hour of every day deleting spam, not a very productive use of time that could better be spent online with my pals.

Good luck KM!
KM if I could help you I would in a heartbeat. Kazza! You are right, Sophia would have known exactly and had a good laugh at her Mom.

Oracle, I know just what you mean about our innocent emails. I copy and paste so there is no one else's email, and I try to NEVER send anything cute or fun to my sisters because they forward EVERYTHING to EVERYONE no matter how many times you ask them to copy and paste LOL!!!! I too start my day cleaning out the spam that shows up on my inbox, and then every couple of weeks go through the junk mail box in outlook to make sure none of my precious friends has been stuck there by mistake. It has gotten so bad, that I now access my work computer at home so that I have the time to look through all that crap. I just went through this it before coming here to join my buddies.

Marea, we can only pray that we learn something from our friends in Oz. Sounds like we should all start a campaign to get it going.
I almost forgot. Our D.A. is working on an identity theft investigation and found LIME WIRE to be a huge part of identity theft, because you are sharing information, info you do not want shared can be taken and used for identity theft, like you know, having your bank account wiped out, steal your identity, etc. The kids had it on ours and it was ax murdered from the computer this morning. Alex said ours was hooked up so that we can take info (thanks to his computer nerd friend) but not give info. I know those high school kids know more than us on computers but we decided to ax it anyway. Here is the link to the news story.

[www.9news.com]
October 28, 2006 08:11PM
Since the introduction of the laws in Australia I hardly ever get junk emails, neither does my husband and he used to get hundreds.
October 29, 2006 01:45AM
A big problem is that most of the spam come from other continents where it is allowed and we have no influence on it. Since they passed laws against spam in the European Union, Australia and Northern America, spam produced in our countries have dramatically dropped but it all comes from Latin America, Asia and Eastern Europe now.
Hi Everybody....Eric here, webmaster for your favorite website! AskaNewYorker.COM!!! This is to inform you we have made changes to the phorum to take care of some spam protection. Please report all spam you may see to kennedy@askanewyorker.com and/or eric@askanewyorker.com. Please allow up to 48 hours for ALL SPAM PROTECTION TO TAKE EFFECT.

Thank You,

-- Eric
PS This doesnt mean STOP ASKING!! :0)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 8