Waldorf or Westin Time Square

Posted by Stuart Knight 
Waldorf or Westin Time Square
October 18, 2006 12:18PM
what should we do ??? we have booked to stay at the Waldorf but now are thinking have we done the right thing as we have kids with us !!!!
Looked on net and the Westin Time Sq is available so should we switch ??
or do you know any other 4-5 star hotels in prime location , nice staff which are really nice to stay in and has the wow factor... ??? god please help getting more confused what to do , this is a once in a life time trip so want to get it right for the wife and kids.....will travelling on the 28th december till the 2nd of january.......Please help nice New Yorkers
Re: Waldorf or Westin Time Square
October 18, 2006 03:09PM
Haven't stayed at many other places, but I like the Marriott Marquis. It is in Times Square, depending on if you want that or not. I actually prefer the hotel in that area, but everytime I have stayed it has been very nice.
October 18, 2006 03:37PM
The Westin Times Square is a very new hotel. You are in the middle of the action. There may be some street closures on New Year's Eve night in the area. I think your kids will love it.

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
October 24, 2006 05:49PM
There's no question that the Westin is far better than the Waldorf. However, it's right in the middle of the action. You literally cannot walk outside your hotel without being in the midst of millions. I would think it'd be oppressive after a day.

I would stay totally away from the Times Square area. The Parker Meridien is still midtown, but just two blocks from Central Park, and walking distance to Times Square, Fifth Avenue shops, Columbus Circle, etc. I don't know how expensive their suites are though. Across the street from the Parker Meridien is the budget hotel Salisbury. It's furnishings are clean but very dated, but they're known for roomy suites, plus they've got kitchenettes... very handy for snacks.

The Affinia group has roomy apartments. I like their Affinia 50 and Affinia Dumont locations.

If you do choose to stay in Times Square, the Doubletree Suites gets excellent reviews for their large rooms. Plus you're able to get access to Times Square on new year's even without standing there for 12+ hours (with no toilet breaks!). Because of that, I'm sure they charge through the nose for rooms over the holiday.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 3