Parkchester

Posted by Nicky 
Parkchester
October 04, 2006 03:41PM
I am seeking an apartment in New York City, how would someone on here rate parkchester?

Nicky
Red
Re: Parkchester
October 04, 2006 04:03PM
Affordable, comfortable, safe, distant, boring. I have some friends who live there.
October 11, 2006 09:43AM
I live in Morris Park, the other side of Parkchester. You want an honest opinion. KEEP OUT OF PARKCHESTER. First off, it is LOADED, I mean LOADED w/sex offenders (http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/nsor/search_index.htm zip code 10462). Secondly, the crime in that area is something you don't want to deal w/. Shootings, drugs, you name it, its there. While the Parkchester Condos are nice, its anything but that inside. There have been old lady robbed in the elevators. This is bc they are allowed to sublease the apts. to whatever...and whatever is exactly what lives there.

It may be affordable but its nothing from safe. I worked there as a cop & saw a different picture, but of course cops always do.

If you wanted to live in the Bronx & are looking to buy an apt. I'd look at Riverdale. It's a little pricier but much cleaner & safer not to mention quieter. Since its now getting cold again, its hard to determine the noise factor & believe me, there is a HUGE problem w/noise here. Other areas in the Bronx that are decent are Morris Park, Pelham Gardens, Pelham Bay, Country Club, City Island & Throgs Neck. The rest of this God foresaken borough I'd be a little skittish on.

I'm not sure what Red meant by boring...I lived in Manhattan for 18 years & was generally bored out my mind.
October 11, 2006 03:24PM
anyone know what the section of the bronx is called which is at the end of the number 2 subway line?
October 16, 2006 06:25AM
hi bxgrl74, don't know anything about the Bronx so i am posting this msg just because i am curious to know why you found Manhattan so boring...i mean it's quite thrilling for most of us (who lived there for a while) that i can't imagine what you'd think about Rome! smiling smiley any comments would be highly appreciated, especially cause i am tired of missing NYC every day ...
n.
Red
October 16, 2006 08:32PM
I bow to bxgrl74's superior Bronxiness.

Nadia, don't worry. She's cranky.

Kennedy, isn't that Wakefield?
October 19, 2006 06:14PM
Is the end of the 2 Van Cortland Park,? I was up there last weekend.
October 19, 2006 06:19PM
yes, that's it marea. What is it like?
October 20, 2006 03:08AM
We were only at the playing fields a little north of the railway station, my son was playing rugby and there were thousands of teenagers competing in a cross country meet. It seemed like a nice area, it was good to see trees, grass and lots of birds. Some of the people who play rugby with Keiran who knew the area said that it was a nice place to live.
Red
October 20, 2006 08:23AM
Uh, guys, it's the #1 that ends at Van Cortlandt. The #2 ends at 241st Street and White Plains Road in Wakefield, really it does.
October 21, 2006 01:33AM
Sorry Red, you're right (as usual) we caught the #1, I was hungover at the time. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
October 23, 2006 12:23PM
I'm not cranky...I just do not & never got & never will get the hype w/living in Manhattan. And I never experienced that hype until I went to high school in the Bronx. These chicks were AMAZED that I lived in "the city" (as they called it). Yeah...ok...whatever floats your boat.

I guess when you did it most of your life, the thrill is LONG gone.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 6