WHITE MAN WALKING

Posted by tpm45 
WHITE MAN WALKING
October 02, 2006 01:17PM
Well, Im back, after spending 3 weeks in North America and 6 days in NYC, the big apple. But first let me explain the posts subject heading. Everytime I tried to cross a road or street in the city my wife would grab my arm and say "Wait till the white mans walking". This is in relation to the automatic lights crossing. It creased me up everytime she said it.

6 days in New York,does this make me an expert on this forum,regarding the delights of the city. NO but I know what I like,and I like the city or most of it.

Found New Yorkers to be very funny,dry wit, they excell at. they also like to help people, on quite a few occations they came up to me and offered their help,thinking we were lost.

Was sat at the bar in the New Yorker Hotel 8th Ave with my wife sat on my left right next to me,about 1030pm. A young couple sat next to us and after a while the guy vanished,leaving a slightly tippsy woman behind,who gave me a big smile and started chatting to me and my wife. Cutting a long story short,she was a hooker, on the verge of offering me a good time. This was our first night in the USA, and we just thought she was friendly,as the both of, my wife and me were chatting away excitedly, without thinking.

So no cuddles for me that night in the Big A. from my wife that is.

Really loved Central Park,from Columbus Crcle to Bethesda, took us 3 hours,just slowly walking by.

Must go now but will post again on this amazing place.
Re: WHITE MAN WALKING
October 02, 2006 06:07PM
I will think of you and your wife everytime I am at a light. I think she may have started a new turn of phrase smiling smiley

As Daisiegee will agree, there is always a word or phrase which can bring back the memory of a vacation. Usually an inside joke. She shared 2 of her favorites with me when she was in Colorado.

Look forward to more about your trip.
October 02, 2006 07:45PM
tell us more!
October 05, 2006 01:05PM
So we landed at Newark Airport around 1.30pm and headed for customs amd immigration,wondering if our passports were OK and would they let us in.

Big fat guy,slouched in his seat called us foreward "passports" he said hand out stretched. flick flick scan scan stamp stamp, "put your left index finger here" "put your right index finger here,now step back and look at the camera, my wife got the fingers wrong,but I kept quiet. OK here "Thanks Officer" I said as I reached for our documents. "Yeeeah Riiiight"

We are now in America but not quite NY, Noo Joisy, in fact, and as we stepped outside it was raining. Met some fellow travellers, and we all piled into this shuttle bus and started off on a dream trip,minus the pills.

The trip from Newark to the city via the Lincoln tunnel was shrouded in mist and fast flowing traffic (God Im sounding like Micky Spillane). Eventually we hit the tunnel and I proceded to tell my wife how many movies this tunnel has appeared in. We then left the tunnel and wow this was my first view of New York City. The city that never sleeps,the city thats never dry,it was still raining and misty,still I was thrilled. On reaching our hotel, the Ramada New Yorker,which I might add looked a little forlorn. as I got off the bus I felt the world had turned up to welcome me, it was wall to wall people in all directions,Look theirs a cop! god he's a bit small, 5"2" if hes an inch.

The foyer of the hotel is very busy and clean,lots of security. made our way to the 23rd floor,which is about the highest Ive ever been,excluding the flight.
The room was kinda disapointing,very small,no view at all from a really dirty window. Could hardly wait to get changed and shower,cos 42nd street was our target.

must go now though,back soon.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 5