About Bush...

Posted by MsKatuha 
About Bush...
September 24, 2006 05:20PM
Hello.
What do you think about american president?

its interesting.
tell me please.

Red
Re: About Bush...
September 25, 2006 07:12AM
The current president is extremely unpopular in NYC. About 80% of the city voted against him, both times. Hundreds of thousands of people have marched aginst his policies and our elected Congress representatives generally vote against most of his proposals. He is extremely unpopular in other nearby cities such as Philadelphia and Boston as well. If we could find a way to get rid of him, we generally would.

However, Americans generally do not like foreigners criticizing us. So even although we dislike the president, we also dislike people from outside the US talking about him. We are very proud and patriotic people even if we oppose or, in some cases, hate our leaders. You may find, for instance Iranians to be the same way!
September 28, 2006 03:40AM
You shouldn't be proud on your president. All the world can see taht you have the stupidest and the worst president in the American history, and why you looking for a some worse countries presidents and compare with them.
All people in the States can se what he has done with American economy, what he has done with global security. If you compare him with Clinton, he is zero.
September 28, 2006 04:32AM
Is this the appropriate place to discuss it ? Let's rather go back to our enjoyment for New York before this thread turns into a flamewar...
September 28, 2006 07:05AM
You have right,I think that is the best thing if the webmaster will erase all posts in this topic.
September 28, 2006 01:22PM
Well you can't make comments like that and not expect something in return. I won't bash anyone because no one always has all the facts to be able to speak that way of someone. but to be honest for some of us christians, clinton was also a disgrace for other reasons. And the only thing I have to say for people who do not like the way things are done here, try somewhere else, one great part about freedom is you have the freedom to leave.
September 28, 2006 06:28PM
I don't have any problems with foreigners who critisize our president - it's their right. As long as they do it for a reason, not because of blind anti-americanism, it should be fine with all of us. I think GW Bush can be legitimately critisized for many things. And his lack of charisma and clarity (he cannot even make a sentence), does not help our reputation.

Clinton may have offended some religious people by unzipping his pants, but he was quite effective in all things presindetial and acomplished quite a bit in 8 years (without distroying too much, as GW Bush has done).
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 6