No Garbage Disposals?

Posted by jennyc 
Re: No Garbage Disposals?
September 16, 2006 03:20AM
Yes Daisiegee it all goes down the sink and ends up in the sewerage system or stormwater drains. It also uses water which is one of the reasons they are rarely used in Australia, we spend much of our life with water restrictions so any form of unnecessary use is discouraged. Sydney has been on water restrictions for over 2 years.
Sue
September 19, 2006 07:45AM
I live in Australia and most people here do not have those garbage disposal units.
We all just keep a bin in the kitchen, and throw it out into our larger bins (kept outside and collected weekly) once the bag is full.
September 27, 2006 12:29PM
I have never had a garbage disposal or a dishwasher EVER in my entire life & don't plan on ever having one unless the place comes w/it. There are more important things in life to quibble over....stop being lazy. The gunk in the sink goes into the garbage which then gets thrown out...the shock to think NYers actually do that!!!
October 01, 2006 02:46PM
I live in Florida. Our homeowners association REQUIRES every home to have a garbage disposal. Our area is very concerned about the environment and the overuse of landfills. Recycling is important here also.
October 01, 2006 11:26PM
There are some valid arguments that insinkerators are not good for the environment because they overload sewerage systems. People who have septic tanks are advised not to have them because they double what goes into them.
November 15, 2009 03:28PM
Kewl thread
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 9?
Online Users

Guests: 4