Advice on break in the Hamptons please

Posted by Leigh 
Hi everyone .. I've visited Manhattan a coupla times now (love it!) but was thinking of a break in the Hamptons. Is it easy to get to from JFK? I've read about the Hamptons Jitney..? I was thinking of East Hampton, the Mill House Inn looks good. Is there stuff to do in the evenings there? What time of year would you recommend? I'd be grateful for any advice .. Thanks.
Re: Advice on break in the Hamptons please
August 31, 2006 07:48AM
September is the best month in the Hamptons although early October is great too.
There is plenty to do including shopping, walks on the beach (water is warmest of the year in early Sept), and riding your bike or blading on the south side of 27 amongst some of the most beautiful beach mansions anywhere.

Don't forget South Hampton and Sag Harbor for day or night life and if you want the real east end experience, bike out to Montauk, go to Ditch Plains and watch the surfers, stop at the Shag for a drink, and get on the train w/ your bike back to EH or maybe take the Jitney if that doesn't work. (check www for restrictions on bikes).

From JFK, take the monorail to Jamaica train station and then take the LIRR to East Hampton. (Schedules on www).

At night in Hamptons best bars are in Montauk but there is also the Talkhouse in Amagansette (reasonble cab ride) or the Rose in Bridgehampton.

Best bet is Maidstone Inn for drinks or to stay also.a

Have fun.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 12?
Online Users

Guests: 4