Thank you New York

Posted by Sarah Roddis 
Thank you New York
August 18, 2006 10:36AM
To all the wonderful people we met along the way during our visit 4th to 13th August - complete strangers who went out of their way to share their favourite New York recommendations. We had the most amazing time, and we are already booking for next year. You have a wonderful, fantastic city, and I aim to ensure whenever I am doing my daily trudge through London, I will look up every now and again, and offer the same friendship to the visitors in my city.

See you next year - can't wait!!

Sarah and Jason
Re: Thank you New York
August 18, 2006 02:37PM
Sarah,if you dont mind me asking,who did you book with. Im flying over for 3 weeks at the end of August with Archers Direct. This is my first visit to the USA and NY in particular, you can imagine IM pretty excited about the whole affair,although I will be visiting other places,its the Big Apple thats really got me excited.
August 18, 2006 04:04PM
Glad to hear your visit was the norm - Fantastic!!! Tell us more about it!
August 21, 2006 06:16AM
Hi There

I booked via Expedia, which was very hassle-free as you can include the shuttle service to your hotel. I hear e-bookers are good too. To be honest I did loads of research on various websites both direct and via agencies, and the prices were all very much the same - the net these days is pretty competitive. One tip I will give you though for future is to try flyawaytravel.com for flights. They had a deal on at the time for flying with Maxjet, which is all business class, and came in cheaper than economy! They only fly Stanstead to JFK or Washington, one flight per day, but it was superb, and as we were due to fly back on the day all the security nightmares kicked off, we rang them and they changed our flights free of charge, and we got to stay an extra 2 days. Booking with Maxjet direct is still quite good value for business class, but it seems Flyaway get some special allocations from them.

I stayed at the Amsterdam Court hotel on W50th and 8th - a great central location with a subway right outside, and a great bar next door open till 4am, plus a 24 hour convenience store, so all needs were catered for.

If there's anything else you'd like to know don't hesitate to ask, and this is a fab site for just that!

Have a great great time - I know you will!

Sarah
August 21, 2006 06:59AM
Thanks Sara
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 14?
Online Users

Guests: 4