Fun for a 15-year-old?

Posted by HQ 
HQ
Fun for a 15-year-old?
August 16, 2006 07:26AM
My niece is coming into town this weekend. She's 15, so too old for The Lion King (which I think she's seen anyway) and too young for bars. What is there for a teenager to do? She likes photography, so I was thinking of photo galleries (any recommendations?) but otherwise am at a loss. I live in Manhattan but could show her Williamsburg--she might like that.

Her boyfriend might be with us, so that would probably put the kibosh on shopping.

Any help appreciated!
Re: Fun for a 15-year-old?
August 16, 2006 08:24AM
What about a different Broadway show? They'd probably enjoy Avenue Q, Spelling Bee, Wedding Singer, or Rent.
August 16, 2006 07:39PM
go horseback riding in prospect park!
[www.prospectpark.org]
August 17, 2006 10:59AM
Has she/or boyfriend been to NYC before? If not, there are always the typical sites as well.
August 17, 2006 11:40AM
Take them to see the Weegee exhibit at the International Center for Photogrpahy on 6th
[www.icp.org]

Here's what my 15-yr-old loved . . .

1. The Phantom of the Opera musical
2. Rent, the musical(I can't adequately describe the expression of her face during these performances. She was awe-struck!)
3. Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge
4. Dinners at the Noho Star, La Boite en Bois and Rosa Mexicano in Manhattan 5. Shopping at H&M
6. Shopping at second hand stores on St Marks
7. Shopping and walking in Soho
8. Times Square lights
HQ
August 18, 2006 09:16AM
Thanks, guys! These are great!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 1?
Online Users

Guests: 5