12 million voices?

Posted by NewYorker0806 
Re: 12 million voices?
August 15, 2006 11:46AM
Hebburn? That'swhere I met my husband. This is spooky.
August 15, 2006 01:24PM
Daisiegee

All the good guys come form Hebburn lol
August 15, 2006 02:45PM
some from Jarra as well
August 15, 2006 03:56PM
Hey...I was born in Sedgefield....lived in Trimdon Village, and went to school in West Hartlepool. My family are still up there! Not too far from you Daisiegee....in fact my Grandad was a Jarrow Lad!

In Kent now...a bit different!!
August 15, 2006 04:12PM
I was in Jarrrow visiting me mother last June, theirs hardly anything left,in fact it makes the Bronx look like the Hamptons. I just cany beleive al these Geordies turning up at once

For any Americans reading this its a bit like chatting on a website in say Sydney Australia and finding out that all the Americans came from Staten Island the Bronx, Brooklyn Clinton chelsea and SOhO. SMALL SMALL WORLD.

August 15, 2006 05:28PM
Marea, two of my daughters lived in Sydney for a couple of years. And the funny thing is they went to see a clairvoyant before they left the UK (yeah I know...daft!), and she told them they would be living on water.

They of course thought this was rubbish.

Anyway, when they got to Sydney they lived in an apartment on Raine Street (Bondi Junction...overlooking a park with an unpronounceable name).

And then they moved to Cairns and lived in Water Street!

How strange is that?!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2006 05:39PM by (n/a).
August 15, 2006 11:26PM
Very cool Mel!
August 16, 2006 08:59AM
That's funny Mell. I think Raine Street is technically Woollahra, which is considered a nicer address, although there is nothing wrong with Bondi Junction for that matter. I live at Clovelly which is a 5 minute drive from Bondi Junction, it is my local shopping centre. How long ago were they there? The shopping centre has been totally redeveloped in the last couple of years and is now extremely salubrious. There has also been even more highrise development to take advantage of the harbour views.
August 16, 2006 09:00AM
By they way the only park I can think of near Raine Street is Cooper Park, maybe there is another one there as well.
August 16, 2006 09:34AM
Lucky old you Marea
August 23, 2006 04:44PM
Goodness...it must be around 9 or 10 years ago since they did their travelling.

What was supposed to be a year out, turned into more than two! They were having such a good time. Though very hard at times. Trying to get work...bars, hotels etc. But they wouldn't have missed it for the world, and they made some very good friend.

I was SOOO jealous...
August 24, 2006 04:16AM
Your girls would definitely not recognise the Junction then, it has changed a lot in the last 10 years.

My youngest son is currently living in New York, supposed to be for just this year but looks like he will come home for 3 months and then go again next year, they get that travel bug and there's no stopping them.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 4