Thoughts on the new Oliver Stone movie"World Trade Towers"???

Posted by Brady 
Hey guys....just wondering what you thought about the latest from Oliver Stone"World Trade Towers"...you all lived it,so just curious if you think its too soon,will he do a good job,etc...what are your thoughts? -Brady
Re: Thoughts on the new Oliver Stone movie"World Trade Towers"???
August 09, 2006 10:35PM
I think it is cheesy, and the acting looks very bad. It's the kind of movie that will end up in the 99-cent bin by the end of October.
Yeah, Nicholas Cage looks a little like he's ready to go to Studio 54 w/ that mustache....I dont know, I hope it was w/ pure intention to show the story and not profit, but we know how that goes dont we????
August 10, 2006 12:11PM
I think for a lot of people it will be too soon. It's not really a movie I'd want to see, personally. It's not at the top of my list. I don't need to go over that day again, and I didn't even know anyone who was killed or injured in that disaster.
Hey Kelley...that's sorta how I felt, BUT I dont live there and was curious about NY'ers thoughts. I, too, do not feel the need to see the movie...I've seen practically every documentary about 9/11 and would rather go that route...at least its dealing w/ the facts and not "creative liscensing". Thanks for your response.
August 10, 2006 02:05PM
If Stone had been smart, he'd have recruited brilliant stage actors for the parts not "celebs.' To tell you the truth Nic Cage, both the actor and the person, creeps me out. I will not see the movie because he's in it. Otherwise I have no fear of reliving that time - and I had one friend who died and I witnessed the collapse of the second tower.
My husband has always felt that way about Nicholas Cage, and has voiced his opinion enough that LOL the other 3 of us feel the same way. Yeah that mustache is makes him look even sleezier.

Now is it just me? There is a car commercial for trucks actually I think and at the end it shows people falling from the sky to the truck carrier below. There is a skyscraper in the background. I can't believe someone who was in charge of editing didn't think of what would be going through some peoples minds. I was not in NY on 9/11, but it is what hits me every time I see it.
Yeah Salsa! NOT just you...my husband and I have seen that commercial a few times and our jaws dropped the first time!! Dont they do focus groups on these things to see how John Q Public responds ??? Hey, I heard Mr. Cage bought some insanely huge castle in like Bulgaria or somewhere. If that doesnt add to the creepy factor I dont know what does!
I wont see it just for the fact that Oliver stone made it...
He commented after 9/11 that this was a revolt againt America...not a terrorist attack....Its me...im a little sensitive about 9/11 and my city and my country...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 6