Christmas Lights

Posted by ann 
ann
Christmas Lights
July 16, 2006 07:38AM
I am landing in New York on the evening of 30th November, please can you tell me when the xmas lights are being switched on?
Re: Christmas Lights
July 16, 2006 09:33AM
Are you referring to the Rockefeller Center tree lighting? If so, the tentative date (according to their offical website) is November 28th.
July 16, 2006 11:40AM

...I'll be on my way home then.... :-(
July 22, 2006 11:09AM
Awww... but since Thanksgiving is on Nov. 23 this year, you'll get to see all the other holiday decorations. I hear there's a rather large dept. store on 34th St. & Broadway that dresses up a bit for Christmas. Hmmmmm.... wonder which store that could be?
July 28, 2006 12:04PM
The real light shows are the ones homeowners put on. Go to some areas & you will see some real beauts.

I'd say most of Staten Island, Bay Ridge/Bensonhurst in Bklyn, Howard Beach in Queens & Morris Park/Throgs Neck/Pelham Parkway in the Bronx.
August 01, 2006 03:22PM
Speaking of christmas...what are somethings to do that scream both new york and christmas!
this will be my 7th time visiting the city (I'll be 21 by then) and my frist time around christmas so I'm very excited!

Dec. 17-22
August 04, 2006 02:02PM
Christmas lights on the department stores go on around Thanksgiving Day.

The best ones are: Macy's at 34th and Broadway (Herald Square), Lord & Taylor at Fifth Avenue and 38th Street, Saks Fifth Avenue at Fifth Avenue and 49th Street, and Berfdorg Goodman at Fifth and 57th.

Barney's at Madison and 61st usualy has satirical windows and Bloomingdale's at Lexington and 59th also has windows but they can't usually compete with the others in interest. Tiffany at Fifth and 57th also usually has interesting windows, but lately they haven't been as good as they were in the 90s.

August 14, 2007 03:44PM
HIYA IM COMING TO NEW YORK ON THE 29TH OF NOVEMBER 2007 JUST WANTED 2 NO WHEN WILL THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS B SWITCHED ON?
August 21, 2007 10:26AM
I'll be paying my 4th visit to NY this Christmas and am SO excited. I fly out on November 28th and come back on December 15th. Does most of the Christmas stuff get going before I fly home? I'm worried I went and booked my flights to completely miss thanksgiving and the start of the christmas hype!! I hope this isn't the case!!
September 24, 2008 11:19AM
Jennifer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Speaking of christmas...what are somethings to do
> that scream both new york and christmas!
> this will be my 7th time visiting the city (I'll
> be 21 by then) and my frist time around christmas
> so I'm very excited!
>
> Dec. 17-22
going to new york on the 20th november
just wanted to know will most of the christmas lights be switched on or are we going to miss them?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 15?
Online Users

Guests: 3