is there any drama schools in NY

Posted by joe wells 
is there any drama schools in NY
February 03, 2003 01:52AM
hey i was just woundering if there are any drama schools in ny city cause i was thinking mooving there when im older but drama is the 1 thing i want to do in my life can any 1 help me out
Kelly
Re: is there any drama schools in NY
February 03, 2003 07:12AM
[www.nyu.edu]

I see you asked this question on this site before, Joe! I did a search for past responses and found the link above, and your previous posting. I will look for more schools and post them later.
Paul
February 03, 2003 09:18AM
There is a school called AMDA, in NY. Its the Best of the Best when it comes to acting schools. Expensive, but then again what do you expect from a top of the line school. American Musical and Dramatical Academy, something like that.
Yes, I know there are schools in NY, but I am looking for a school for my daughter to check out this summer in drama. I need to knoe she will be safe.
May 28, 2006 03:06PM
Hi,
I went to theatre school (undergrad and grad) and am currently working in the industry in New York, so I'll add my two cents--

There are many schools in the NYC area with good drama programs. Which one is "best" depends a lot on the area of study you wish to pursue--acting, design, directing, writing, musical theatre, etc--and if you'll be attending as an undergrad or graduate student. Most schools are stronger in some areas than others. NYU is definitely one to consider. The quality of training at AMDA is debatable--I know some who've loved it and others who hated it, and you'll hear arguments for both sides.

Some other schools to look at are Brooklyn College, Fordham University, Pace University, Columbia University (good M.F.A.), and Marymount Manhattan College. Hofstra and Adelphi (on Long Island) and SUNY-Purchase also have strong programs, and they're all within easy reach of the city.
May 28, 2006 03:11PM
Oh, and also consider Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University in New Jersey. They have strong undergraduate and graduate programs.
May 31, 2006 08:44AM
Ride the 4, 5 or 6 trains to the Bronx. PLENTY of drama for you to learn off of.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 17?
Online Users

Guests: 4