Fly or drive to NYC

Posted by Dadduh 
Fly or drive to NYC
June 25, 2006 10:34AM
Hi all,
looking for some advice on how to get to NYC in August. There are 2 of us coming in for 5 days I am trying to decide between flying ($320 is the best rate I can get) or driving from Ohio to someplace in NJ and taking a train to Penn Station. Any suggestions on places with weekly parking and train access? I will be coming in on Monday and leaving Saturday.

thanks
Re: Fly or drive to NYC
June 25, 2006 11:05AM
You could try parking at the North Bergen Park and Ride near Lincoln Tunnel. $7.50/day
However, you will need to get there after the evening rush hour on Monday when the commuter cars have gone home. That parking fee covers one person's round trip bus fare for Manhattan. The other person pays $4.40. I haven't parked there overnight so I'm not sure how you pay for the extra days of parking. There is should be someone on duty there so you can ask him/her.

Or you could park in the city and save yourself the hassle. Usually $25+/day.
www.iconparking.com print out your reservation and save money

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
June 27, 2006 07:55AM
I would fly. Why lose time that you could spend in the city sitting in a car on the interstate? I have a set amount of vacation time so I'm greedier with it - but you may be in a different situation than me.
July 11, 2006 01:25AM
I originally took the same approach from NC, to drive there, take the train, (cheaper), or flying.
Youre by far better off flying into an airport. I prefer LaGuardia.
If you drive, you'll be fatigued even with multiple drivers, and it's slow from Ohio.
If you fly, you'll be there in half the time to get there. Get an early flight, and even with using a shuttle service to where youre staying, you'll still have nearly all day to see NYC.

Jeff Smith
jeffreysmith@triad.rr.com
July 30, 2006 05:02PM
My husband and I drove and parked in the long term parking lot at Newark airport, then took a cab to Manhattan (although I'm sure there's even cheaper ways to go) but we were only driving from Syracuse, which is abouy 250 miles....
Rob
July 31, 2006 08:35PM
If you decide to drive suggest you drive right into the city.if you take I 80 go over the George Washington Bridge. Follow the signs directing you to the Henry Hudson Parkway SOUTHBOUND. Exit at 79th Street and go straight ahead to West End Avenue (2nd traffic light}. Make right onto West End Avenue and at 61st or 60th Street, on the passenger side, is a very large outdoor parking facility. 24 hour parking costs less than $20 a day.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 23?
Online Users

Guests: 10