WHERE CAN I FIND????

Posted by KATHRYN 
WHERE CAN I FIND????
June 19, 2006 04:07PM
WHERE CAN I FIND A SUITABLE DESIGNER PROM DRESS
Re: WHERE CAN I FIND????
June 19, 2006 04:38PM
I don't know what you mean by suitable, but there is a store on the southeast corner of 6th Ave and 37th St with lots of them!
June 19, 2006 05:08PM
For upscale designers, I'd try the high-end department stores (Saks might be a good place to start, or Barney's if you've got the budget). Or, try their stores/showrooms directly. It would depend which specific designer you're interested in.

For lower-end designers, try Macy's or Lord and Taylor. You'll find lots of nice (albeit non-designer) gowns there as well.

I think askanewyorker might be referring to Elite Designs (990 6th Avenue at 37th Street) which is a wholesale/retail evening wear store. Right nearby is Elle Belle (1020 6th Avenue at 38th Street) which is a similar type place. Both have lots of gowns to choose from, but don't count on finding designer names there.

Hope that helps!
June 21, 2006 12:41PM
Filenes Basement

Or better yet check out the consignement shops on the Upper East Side. Rich women wear them once (if that) then get rid of them. No one needs to know its "used".
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 5?
Online Users

Guests: 6