The Best Time to Vist

Posted by Regina Peebles 
The Best Time to Vist
June 14, 2006 01:47PM
I am planning a trip to New York City with my mother because she has never been. I have been once and it was in June which was not to bad.
I guess what I am getting at is I would like to take her when it is the so called off season. I was thinking maybe April or May around spring time.
By the way I love ya'lls city it is exciting and just amazing and so are the people. So tell me what you think of my travel plan.
Thank You,
Regina Peebles
Re: The Best Time to Vist
June 14, 2006 05:12PM
Im not sure New York has an "off" season. This city is busy all of the time...i believe that the height of the tourist season is in december, although i'm not sure. Anyway, I think springtime is a great time to visit New York...the weather is pleasant and the trees are in bloom and new yorkers tend to come out of hibernation from the winter...everyone (new yorkers) is out on the streets and enjoying life that time of year, Stay away from the hot humid New York summers...many new yorkers escape the city on the weekends in the summer b/c the weather is so miserable.
VHK
June 15, 2006 12:41AM
Hi regina .
I think that the best time for a visit to ny is October

Greatings Vera
June 15, 2006 06:35AM
I went to NYC last September (19-28) and the weather was nice. Not too hot, not too wet. Perfect to enjoy long walks on avenues and in parks in order to observe how locals live ;-)

Actually, the only suffocating places I went were some metro stations. What causes this ? I never had that in other cities with underground trains.
b
June 15, 2006 06:42AM
I work across from the Empire State building - - By the end of march, people start lining up and forming huge lines to get into the building. (But it's faster to go to the top if you come at like 3 p.m.!) Why does everyone get there at 9 a.m. and stand in a long line? It's like all tourists get up and think that they have to go do this first thing.....And then they can't just form a straight line - they have to get in huddles and take up the whole sidewalk - and those of us rushing to work have an obstacle course of tourists to push through....

Anyway - I would also suggest October - Or even November.
June 17, 2006 10:03AM
The subway platforms are so hot because they're not air conditioned but the subway cars are, and they vent hot air. Some stations are being retrofitted with a/c. Grand Central is. Good thing, that was about the hottest place I've ever been!

Regina, a lot depends on where you're from and what kind of temps you and are mother are accustomed to. I think the best time to be in New York is July because of the long days and all the free stuff to do around town. There are free concerts, free outdoor movies, free plays and much more. July can get pretty hot though.

Low tourist season is January-February-March. It can get bitter cold, and the days are very short, getting dark around 5:00. That's why there are so few tourists. You can get good deals on hotels then too.

Late spring is pretty, as is fall.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 3