A real map?!

Posted by Tindra 
A real map?!
June 14, 2006 10:45AM
Hi!

This question might sound really stupid, but I'm a girl in Sweden who wants a REAL NYC map.. not a guide or whatever wich I could by (purchase??) in a bookstore here. No I want a REAL NYC map..or just a map over Manhattan would do just fine! Or maybe both..hmm!!

Any idea were I can find one, and order from NYC to Sweden..? Would love it if it was for free, but I guess that's just too much to ask ^^

Haha.. I sound really stupid..but please help?

/Tindra

Re: A real map?!
June 15, 2006 06:32AM
why not try Google maps?

You can zero in on Manhattan, almost down to the neighborhood, and print the pages you need?

Did it for a trip elsewhere recently. Better than trying to refold a map.
June 15, 2006 12:46PM

Well.. I'm starting to realize that's the only way.. until I take that trip. Then I'm gonna buy a real manhattan map haha

thanks! =)

June 15, 2006 01:44PM
I believe that the best map of Manhattan, by far, is Manhattan Block by Block by John Tauranac. I live in Manhattan and I use it all the time. See link:

[www.amazon.com]
June 15, 2006 03:00PM
Block by Block sounds good, will check it out. In the meantime, this one is my very favorite. It sits next to my computer so I can look up places I learn about on this site, for my next visit. Be sure to read the reviews on Amazon.

[www.amazon.com]
June 18, 2006 04:02AM
Thanks for the tip! from sunny sweden ;-)
July 11, 2006 12:11AM
Tindra;
The maps I've used for Manhattan & it's subway system is from the MTA maps.
They're folded, but what I did was to take the 2 most traveled areas I plan on being in and cut them out in 8 x 11, fold them back to back & laminate them. Fold them verticle & they'll stay in your pockets. They're also protected from dampness, or rain, etc.

Jeff Smith
jeffreysmith@triad.rr.com
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 10