Famous People

Posted by Cassie 
Famous People
June 07, 2006 12:56PM
Hello!!!
A first time New York visitor here!! Just wondering what places (restaurants, clubs, stores) in New York might I run into famous people???
Re: Famous People
June 07, 2006 02:59PM
Basically anywhere. We saw Anderson Cooper and Cate Blanchett within an hour of each other just walking around midtown.

You can check out the gawker stalker on gawker.com before you go, I guess. Good luck!
June 07, 2006 11:49PM
Keep your eye out for paparazzi (sp?)....they are always stalking someone. Last Sunday, my sister came back to the hotel room from shopping (I had to take a break!) saying there was something going on across the street at the Directors Guild Theatre. They'd put out a red carpet and there was a bunch of photogs. We grabbed our cameras and went down to check it out.

A crowd was starting to gather and we learned it was the premier of Praire Home Companion. We got pictures of Meryl Streep, Kevin Cline, Lindsay Lohan, Lauren Bacall,(!!) Jason Bateman, T.R. Knight (George on Grey's Anatomy..his hair was blue) and more.

What was the most fun was watching the low-life photogs yelling the celeb's names, ALL trying to get the best shot and almost coming to blows when they trip over each other...what a circus!

The next day we came upon another "stake out" in front of a hotel....they were waiting for Jessica Simpson to come out to the waiting Limo. We didn't stick around for that.
June 08, 2006 12:45PM
I've seen famous people when I wasn't looking. Early in the morning on weekends you may spot a face or 2.

So far I have seen:

Lauren Hutton one Sat morning in the Village
Sarah Jessica Parker at a Yankees World Series game (at the stadium of course)
Brad Pitt & Juliet Lewis coming out of the Plaza (YEARS ago!)
Iman & David Bowie getting out of a limo on Central Park South
Chris Farley (awww....) coming out of the NBC studios
Henry Winkler who my bf almost tripped on 7th & 42nd Street
LL Cool J & Rakhim (from Eric B. & Rakhim...rappers from the 80s) at, of all places, Planet Hollywood on 57th Street

I saw the filming of a Stranger Among Us on 47th Street. I was down there REAL early one Sunday morning. I didn't see anyone famous but I did see the car scene close to the end of the movie.

Occassional model shoots on 5th Ave., although no one famous that I can recall.

My sister met Liv Tyler one night in the Village.

A friend of mine met Jason Giambi in a bar another night.

OH I also met Wayne Rogers, who played Trapper John in MASH. But he works w/a company my company works w/.

Star sightings usually happen when your NOT looking for them.
June 08, 2006 01:06PM
Go to the Broadway theater where they are in a show and wait at the stage door after the end of the show.
Joe
June 08, 2006 10:05PM
Monica Lewinsky in a starbucks on 5th around Rockfeller Ctr.
July 11, 2006 01:30AM
Within 2 hrs of my first trip to Manhattan, while in Trump Tower getting some lobby pictures, I did indeed bump into "The Donald" himself.

I was standing near the podium at Trump org elevators. The employee there as we were talking, said "speaking of the man", and Donald Trump walks right in front of me, and around me, to get onto the elevator. I could've easily reached out and touched him.
I was that close.

But with camera in hand, I still didn't have time to get a picture.

Past readers of messages of this have responded. "You're Fired".

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 6