101st - 102nd street Lexington ave.

Posted by Claudia 
Re: 101st - 102nd street Lexington ave.
May 25, 2006 10:39PM
I take the 6 train home from work every night at midnight from Pelham Bay all the way down to Grand Central Terminal. I have never had a problem other than some illegal DVD sales people, but they don't really bother anyone. The train is fairly crowded especially if you ride in a center car near the doorman. You will be fine on the 6 late at night.
I live just a couple of blocks further up, on Lexington. I love it. I've never had a problem, but I try not to wander around alone at night on all the side streets (really, that's just common sense about anywhere in the city). There aren't too many bars or places to hang out at night in that area, but you're very close to the subway (Lexington and 103rd, or Lexington and 96th) so that's not much of a problem. The 6 runs very frequently and is always safe. Also, remember you're only a couple of blocks East of Central Park (walk past Park, Madison, and 5th, and there you are).
September 19, 2006 07:43PM
Hi,

I'm about to book the BBlodges, did you go? how was it?

Thanks,
Maki
September 19, 2006 07:46PM
maki, look down the page a bit and you will see another posting about this.
Claudia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Hello,
>
> We are visiting New York in September. We've found
> Bubba & Bean lodges on the internet, and it looks
> like a really nice place to stay. But we don't now
> anything about the neighborhood. It is on 1598
> Lexington Avenue between 101-102 street. Can
> anybody tell us what this neighborhood is like. Is
> it also safe to walk the streets at night?
>
> Thanks,
> Claudia
Try the Broadway Hotel on 101st St. and Broadway. It's a brand new hotel, but their rooms start at only $39. It's in a fantastic area, too. Trust me - check them out and you won't be sorry.

www.broadwayhotelnyc.com

_
_
_
_
www.TailoredTours.com: Self-guided NYC tours via email
calgaryjetgirl
July 25, 2007 11:12PM
Sandy, thanks for your post. I booked with Bubba & Bean for our trip in August and your post really made me feel like I picked the right place. I was excited before but now I can't wait!
A
September 18, 2007 03:56PM
Could someone who has stayed at BBLodges accually say what is was like?
Hi,We are heading to NY in May 2013 as a family, 2 adults, 2 kids (18yr + 16yr). From what I have read Bubba & Bean's place looks a good safe place to stay while in NY.Can anyone advise from the kids point of view would this area be a little too quiet and not enough excitement for them.Many thanks
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 9?
Online Users

Guests: 8