Tip a Mover?

Posted by NYCchic 
Tip a Mover?
April 26, 2006 09:02PM
I have seen a topic on this previously but have a bit of a different question. I am having a couch and armchair moved that I have purchased used. Its coming from an elevator building but I live in a 3rd floor walkup. Should I tip the movers? There are two how much should I tip each? Any advice would be great, when I moved in originally I tipped $25 each as it is quite a bit of stairs but that seems excessive for 2 pieces. Any ideas? Thanks!
Re: Tip a Mover?
April 27, 2006 06:54AM
I work in that biz, White Glove Transportation, and it really is a personal choice. TIP (to insure prompt service)so if the experience and the movers are professional and on time and friendly then your original $25 tip to 'each' was generous in my opinion. Is it the same moving co your using? How difficult was the couchsmiling smiley $25 for the two, would of been generous as well.
April 27, 2006 10:25AM
Yes same moving company, small company so I imagine it would be 2 of the original 3 guys. It isn't a sleeper sofa but it was a walk up. So it will be fairly difficult I assume... Knowing that one of them is the owner should I assume payment is enough or still tip like $15 each? Not sure of the protocall and don't want to be cheap but don't exactly have $ to throw around...
April 27, 2006 03:34PM
What are they charging you for the delivery? $150?
April 27, 2006 05:00PM
$120.
April 27, 2006 05:10PM
Then $15 each sounds good to me. Still being generous....
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 18