PNC Bank Arts Center

Posted by English Shopper 
PNC Bank Arts Center
April 17, 2006 01:17PM

This is a bit of a long shot...But, can anyone tell me how far from Manhatten the PNC Bank Arts Center is, and if there is good transportation available to and from the venue please?

My dilemma, you see, is that Bruce has announced he's playing two gigs there in June...as well as at MSG, and I'm trying to work out which gig to go to!

Personaly I'd love to go to MSG....but it's on a weekday!

ES
Re: PNC Bank Arts Center
April 17, 2006 06:52PM
[www.pncbankartscenter.com]

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
July 16, 2007 09:16PM
Hey all,

I will need to travel to PNC Bank Arts center from Manhattan this week for a concert. Has anyone actually made the trip? How easy is it? Their website says to take the NJ Transit train to the Matawan station and then they run shuttle buses to the arena, but they stop running at 11:30pm and I am not sure how long the concert will last. Does anyone know how close the train station is or if there is a bus?

English shopper, did you ever end up going?
July 17, 2007 08:33AM
That is a suburban area not well served by buses and at that time of the night you can forget about it.

Your only option is to leave the concert early if you want to make use of the shuttle or rent a car.

+
+
+
+
Unfortunately work committments got in the way of making the trip....but Mell and I did see Bruce 5 times in the UK last year, and each gig was better than the last!

There are rumours that Bruce is going to tour again in the fall this year with a full band (here's hoping!!), and if he does, I'm going to do everything I can to get to see him on home turf. I can only assume it'll be brilliant!

Whilst I'm here, can anyone help me?? Bruce has made available to PBS radio staions a limited edition Seeger Sessions tour CD, and I'd love to get my hands on one! Can anyone help with locating one (I've tried ebay) or help me purchase one, I will of course reimburse all costs!

Many thanks

ES

PS Only 128 BIG sleeps to go...!!!

"THE ROAD TO DUBLIN
PBS premium CD includes exclusive audio tracks
With PBS stations around the country to air a cut of Live in Dublin in June -- NJN Public Television got out of the gate early, premiering footage last week for viewers in Jersey -- they'll also be offering an exclusive five-track CD as an incentive to pledge. If you only care about the music, this'll be one of the more expensive CDs you could add to your collection... but if you want to support Public Television, it's a fine bonus. Five live tracks that didn't make the cut for Live in Dublin will be found here: "Bobby Jean," "The Ghost of Tom Joad," "Johnny 99," "For You," and "My City of Ruins." Check with your local PBS station for details on pledge drives and air dates"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2007 04:14AM by (n/a).
July 18, 2007 08:24AM
[www.njn.net]

looks like you have to join and pay $90 to get the premium CD

if you knew someone in the USA, they can join
otherwise, I'm a member of NJN

+
+
+
+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2007 08:25AM by ieee488.
Thank you for the link. It looks like I can't subscribe as "NJN is no longer accepting international contributions to this program. We apologize for the inconvenience"

Oh well!
July 19, 2007 04:00PM
Do you know anyone in the USA who can join for you?

I did a search and the PBS station in Louisiana may be accepting international orders. [www.lpb.org]

There are probably other PBS stations.

+
+
+
+
July 20, 2007 12:07AM
my brother-in-law Dave is about the only one I know who might be a member of PBS Radio. I belong to KUVO.org but it's jazz. I will email Dave, or call him tomorrow. Fingers crossed! He would be happy to do this if he is.
July 20, 2007 07:42AM
You don't have to be a current member.

The CD is a thank you gift for joining.

+
+
+
+
July 20, 2007 10:29AM
While looking up the program on PBS, I saw that off to the side, it said, "this cd is available through Amazon.com". Is it exactly the same? [www.amazon.com]
Thank you for all your help! I knew you'd come up trumps! I think I've just secured myself one from Louisiana PBS, either that or I've just blown over $100! I wonder what will happen when they realise I'm an international shopper! Thank you ieee488! See there is more to me than Macy*s...not much, but there is!

A big thank you to Salso too,,,,as ever a little treasure! Now all I have to do is sit and wait...and wait..and wait!

Oh, and it's only 124 big sleeps to go. Once it gets below 100 they'll really fly by..!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 19?
Online Users

Guests: 5