Room to Rent

Posted by James 
Room to Rent
April 15, 2006 03:51PM
Hello all.

I am planning a trip to NYC in late April and am looking at staying at a couple of places in Queens. The first is near the Woodside station on the 7 line (69th St. and 39th Ave). The second is in Astoria near LaGuardia Airport (Dittmar Blvd area). Both are about the same price. My question is which would be preferable? As I may be coming home fairly late at night at times (around 12:00-2:00am), which would be the safest? Which is easiest to travel into the Times Square and West/East Village areas? Thanks for your help.

James
Re: Room to Rent
April 17, 2006 04:13PM
Is there a reason to choose Queens in particular? You don't mention what your price is, but I bet you can match it.

Hopefully now that this question is back on top, someone can help with preference to either place you mention.
April 19, 2006 07:37PM
Salsa -

I was thinking of staying somewhere different in the city. I've stayed in the East Village and UWS before, so I thought Queens-Astoria might be interesting. The price is also enticing - I've seen a couple of rooms available for rent in residences in Queens for 65-75$ per night on Craig's list. I haven't seen much in that range for rooms in Manhattan. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Thanks,

James
July 11, 2006 12:42AM
James;

For what you're looking for in your price range, I believe I have your answer.

This past April I stayed in a nice apt I shared with the owner, but seldom saw her. So in effect, with my own set of keys, I had run of the place at will, literally.

I'll provide all information needed along with her contact information.
I speak to her weekly on other business matters.
For my recent weeks stay in April this year, I wanted to stay with a local to get the real feel, experience of what it's like living in NYC, Manhattan.

Well, it was not disappointing, and I'd do it again, and will in the future.

E-mail me.

Jeff Smith
jeffreysmith@triad.rr.com
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 7?
Online Users

Guests: 8