Single in New York

Posted by Will Henderson 
Single in New York
January 11, 2006 03:39PM
Hi

I know I've posted this before but I thought I'd have another go as I leave London for New York tomorrow (yeah!!!!!)

I'm researching for a UK magazine article and I'd like to know places where a lot of singles gravitate BUT it's not a list of sleazy pick up bars, I'm looking more for ideas of restaurants for brunch where they might have a large communal table, or a food store, or perhaps a cafe, a poetry reading, a Rollerblading event, a running club, OH YEAH ALSO is there a gym which is well known for a young, hip, sporty crowd (yeah, I know it's cheesy to think of "find love at the gym" but you never know!!) - that sort of thing.

Any ideas, no matter how random, welcomed. Like I said I leave tomorrow so I just want ideas from locals so I can research on my 2 days in town.
KM
Re: Single in New York
January 12, 2006 07:35AM
A bit unussual but the L train has recieved lots of attentiom for being a great place to meet other singles.Inside the ABC store 19th and Broadway there's a restaurant that has long communal tables...gyms
Equinox Fitness - 3.9 miles N - 10 Columbus Cir, New York, 10019 - (212) 871-0425
Equinox Fitness - 5.2 miles NE - 205 E 85th St, New York, 10028 - (212) 439-8500
Equinox Corp - 3.8 miles NE - 9 W 57th St, New York, 10019 - (212) 421-2999
Let me know if you have the time, meet for a beer in one of those 'spots' 'web of the week' is on the all in front of me. So is this the end of the travel guidebooksmiling smiley
Re: Single in New York
January 12, 2006 09:47AM
KM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A bit unussual but the L train has recieved lots
> of attentiom for being a great place to meet other
> singles.

Now you wonder why people were so angry against the strike. smiling smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 12?
Online Users

Guests: 9