Foodies delight

Posted by gkm 
gkm
Foodies delight
October 26, 2005 07:01AM
Zagat survey write up of Stanton Social, lower East side,serves sliders, pulled pork sandwiches and fish tacos untill 3 am got an unprecedented score 29 out of 30 for its decor and a 26 for food, putting it on the culinary par of The Four Seasons. I've never been.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2005 03:33PM by (n/a).
Re: Foodies delight
September 04, 2010 07:57AM
pulling up a very old "foodie" thread because of the restaurant I went to last night with a friend visiting from Milwaukee. She always brings me to restaurants I've never tried before, she does all this research before she visits to see what places she wants to try. See the thread above mentioning Stanton Social...that's where she brought me last time (very good)...this time she took me to "Graffiti" at 224 E. 10th St.
I think it might be NYC's smallest restaurant, it's tiny. Only four tables. Very tight. Getting to the restroom requires you to go through the kitchen (carefully...you are dangerously close to the flames of the stove!), which is about as big as my couch, literally. Anyway,it was not uncomfortable, just tiny.
The food is sort of Indian-ish, but not like any other Indian you've had. Everything was delicious, just wish I could've had more! It's sort of like a tapas place where you order small plates to share. Watermelon and feta salad with mint sorbet was yummy, so were the pickled scallops, everything was great.
And, we each had two glasses of wine, and got out of there for $50 each. Good stuff. Make a reservation well in advance of when you want to go.
[www.graffitinyc.com]
apparently it's been highlighted on the martha stewart show.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 3