Charles Elkaim jewelry

Hey,
there used to be this wonderful little jewelry and miniature store called Charles' Place on Mulberry Street owned by a man named Charles Elkaim. This past spring, due to rising rents, he was forced to close down. I have earrings that I bought from him, and I would love to buy more, but I don't know where to find him,
If anyone knows whether he has a website, a phone number that he can be contacted by, or any other means of finding him, please let me know.
Thanks,
Emma
gkm
Re: Charles Elkaim jewelry
October 12, 2005 09:00AM
It is sad. Nice article below. It looks like he'll be on the internet soon.

[www.villagevoice.com]
gkm
October 12, 2005 09:18AM
Emma,
Wow I just had the most enjoyable conversation with Mr. Elkaim. What a jewel, pardon the pun. but he really has an amazing spirit. He did lament that the store is closed do to rising rents. But would be happy to hear from you. via either tel or email
t: 212-6777112
or
french7818@aol.com
October 12, 2005 11:14AM
Thanks for sharing the village voice story. It was very sweet, and sad. Smart teen to ask for a signature.

If he starts a website, I think he should request customers to send a photo with their new purchase.

What great history, I wish him the best.
Emma Nolan-Abrahamian
October 19, 2005 12:37PM
hey,
thanks for the article..is french7818@aol.com his email?
thanks again,
emma
gkm
October 19, 2005 04:07PM
Yes.
October 23, 2005 01:46AM
I'm an avid miniature/quirky jewelry collector from way back & I've lived my whole life in NYC, but for some reason Charles Elkaim's delightful store remained an unknown quantity to me until about ONE MONTH BEFORE THEY CLOSED. But in that month I visited a number of times & thoroughly enjoyed meeting Mr. Elkaim & his equally spirited & witty wife. What a fantastic little place, with such great oddball items. How horrifyingly soul-less of the Yuppie Landlord to keep jacking the rent until they were forced to close. A terrible comment on the times...not sure what to do about this.

But they did indicate over the summer that they would attempt the Internet (for the first time for both, but Mr. Elkaim said he wife was a quick study & would no doubt pick it up before he would!) in order to continue their business. I periodically peek around the 'net hoping to find an on-line store, but haven't had any luck yet. I wish them the very best in anything they wind up doing...they're such a terrific part of the very BEST of New York City...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 2?
Online Users

Guests: 5