money

Posted by LindseyC696 
Re: money
September 09, 2005 06:13PM
well let me just start by teaching you how to spell my name...L-I-N-D-S-E-Y. now MeMe i find your comments absolutely hysterical!!!!!! you have no idea who i am, how can you make such judgements? that only shows your immaturity, not mine. I have researched new york for 10 years, but keep in mind when i started i was only about SIXTEEN!!!! so jeff, would you think it would be wise to move to new york at sixteen because i don't. i have been spending that time developing my career and putting myself in a personal and professional position to live in such a large city. as the other comments have shown you, it is possible for people to live in manhattan on less than 50k without a roommate because they are doing it. true, it may be small and it may be an outer part but it can be done. and it does not involve sleeping on someone's couch or sharing a studio with 4 people. i have visited new york and i did live just outside for a semester in college. that may not be the same but it counts for something more than 4 days. i thank you for your insight but your opinions are insignificant. maybe you should reevaluate your life meme if you have nothing better to do than insult a complete stranger on a friendly website. the comments i made to you jeff were in response to you sending me an unwelcome email trying to peddle your business. and by the way, i reported you to the webmaster for SPAM. HAVE A NICE DAY!!! and i will see the two of you in new york from the window of my apartment where i live making less than 50K :-) :-)
September 09, 2005 06:32PM
LindseyC696 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well let me just start by teaching you how to
> spell my name...L-I-N-D-S-E-Y. now MeMe i find
> your comments absolutely hysterical!!!!!! you
> have no idea who i am, how can you make such
> judgements? that only shows your immaturity, not
> mine. I have researched new york for 10 years,
> but keep in mind when i started i was only about
> SIXTEEN!!!! so jeff, would you think it would be
> wise to move to new york at sixteen because i
> don't. i have been spending that time developing
> my career and putting myself in a personal and
> professional position to live in such a large
> city. as the other comments have shown you, it is
> possible for people to live in manhattan on less
> than 50k without a roommate because they are doing
> it. true, it may be small and it may be an outer
> part but it can be done. and it does not involve
> sleeping on someone's couch or sharing a studio
> with 4 people. i have visited new york and i did
> live just outside for a semester in college. that
> may not be the same but it counts for something
> more than 4 days. i thank you for your insight
> but your opinions are insignificant. maybe you
> should reevaluate your life meme if you have
> nothing better to do than insult a complete
> stranger on a friendly website. the comments i
> made to you jeff were in response to you sending
> me an unwelcome email trying to peddle your
> business. and by the way, i reported you to the
> webmaster for SPAM. HAVE A NICE DAY!!! and i
> will see the two of you in new york from the
> window of my apartment where i live making less
> than 50K :-) :-)

Lindsey;
As I said in my response to MeMe, which to whom my reply was directed, NOT YOU.....that I cared less whether or not you were an annoying, spoiled brat or not.......THAT STILL GOES........If anything I say on here in anyway shape or form you disagree with.......just ignore it..........
Just like I'm going to ignore you after I finish this post.
But what you should really pay attention to of that previous post was this.
Those words that have you in such an uproar, have ruffled your feathers are from MeMe, not me.........that was her reply to me.......not to you......now whose having a temper tantrum ???

Since my im to you concerning making more money is considered unwelcomed, ignore that also......just delete it and continue on..........I also could care less whom you report me to........I only mention my business & its associates to people during conversations/e-mails......that originated from a subject of money....

I'll make this simple........go live in NYC/Manhattan with your $50,000 + career you're working on, and enjoy your miniature townhouse. By the time you're 18, roughly 3 years from now....I know of NOT ONE........18 year old or under 21 year old that will make $50,000 right out of high school. Out of college is a different story, but thats another 4 years.

In all manner of speaking Lindsey, I hope and encourage you to do the very best you can when you are ready to "tackle the world", and move out of your parents home. WHEN........you do finally get to Manhattan or whichever borough you wind up living in, please do me a favor and call me toll free anywhere in the world and keep me posted on your remarkable journey to NYC. It's 866-278-1022.
I'm looking so forward and eager to hear the steps you took and connections you made to find your "place in NYC".

Good Luck !!!
Jeff
September 09, 2005 06:43PM
Jeff-
i haven't lived with my parents for 10 years. i'm 26 years old, not 15. thats what i meant when i said that i had planned for 10 years since i was 16 or so. how could i spend a semester in nyc at 15???
anyway, thank for your wishes (although they sound a bit sarcastic). I'll be sure to call you next year when i move. your message may not have been directed at me but since it was on a public post i had every right to respond. and please do not take my messages in anger because i am not angry at all. i wrote this and the last message in complete calm. what kind of person would let a internet thread from a complete stranger make them angry? i have a little more common sense than that.
i wish you the same good luck in your future new york plans.
September 09, 2005 07:09PM
LindseyC696 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jeff-
> i haven't lived with my parents for 10 years. i'm
> 26 years old, not 15. thats what i meant when i
> said that i had planned for 10 years since i was
> 16 or so. how could i spend a semester in nyc at
> 15???
> anyway, thank for your wishes (although they sound
> a bit sarcastic). I'll be sure to call you next
> year when i move. your message may not have been
> directed at me but since it was on a public post i
> had every right to respond. and please do not
> take my messages in anger because i am not angry
> at all. i wrote this and the last message in
> complete calm. what kind of person would let a
> internet thread from a complete stranger make them
> angry? i have a little more common sense than
> that.
> i wish you the same good luck in your future new
> york plans.
>

Lindsey, my e-mail address is jsmith27379@triad.rr.com.
You have my #. One thing that is fairly aggravating to me about message boards is that they're an indirect message, not like direct e-mails.
All responses must be read back at the site.
I am really not the type individual that persistently goes head to head with someone.
But if you're 26, and have researched NYC for 10 years, you should know far more (blow me away) about Manhattan and it's surrounding boroughs than what I've read so far. It's my intentions NOT to come across as critical.
Just from what I know of NYC, (pertaining to my recent first trip in June to attend Billy Graham's last crusade), is based almost solely on ONLY 6 months of online research. Yet I know its virtually impossible to live in any apt in Manhattan with an income of $50,000. Your monthly rent will cost automatically half that, minimum.
As you say, as a public forum you can respond to whatever you wish. If I responded to the volumes of messages I run across periodically that angered me or I had strong disagreements with, I'd live on this computer. That isn't going to happen. And I really don't care who is angry with me with what I post.

Having said all that........it's never my intention on anything I say to give the impression of being sarcastic or a smartaxx. UNLESS I MEAN IT THAT WAY......I will however say what I mean, and mean what I say.
Once you get to know me, if you take the time, (and think it may be worth it), you'll find that I'm one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. And one of my highest priorities is to strengthen that at all times.

I also have as you've found out a sharp personality that goes straight to the point.

Please keep in touch with me through my e-mail address as to when you'll make your journey to NYC. There's a possibility I can utilize the steps you take upon my possible move to NYC in the future.

When you do finally e-mail (and I expect you will), please put your full name in the subject with a slash....NYC......). Otherwise, theres a strong chance it'll get deleted.

Later............
Jeff
jsmith27379@triad.rr.com
866-278-1022
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 24