Shopping

Posted by mrfaize 
Shopping
July 26, 2005 06:00AM

Where can I buy Timberland shoes at a good price? I will not be going out to Woodbury Common.

Is Century 21 a good place for discounts or is it hype? Thinking of a Saturday but have read it is mad there on Saturday.

Thanks,

Faize
Re: Shopping
July 26, 2005 06:41PM
Century 21 is mad every day. The best time to go would be early morning on a week day, not sure but I think they open around 7.30 or 8.00 am. Also try DSW at Union Square, they have a huge range of shoes, don't know if they have Timberland.
jennie
August 02, 2005 03:44PM
Century 21 is definitly good for discounts, but everytime I have been its packed.
Leo
August 03, 2005 08:45AM
In my humble opinion, Century 21 is only good for buying sleeping stuff (t-shirts, pajameas, underware), socks and dress shirts. I have been there many times and could not find much there for myself. Most of the stuff they have is out-of-date/out-of-style clothes from big department stores. Some of them look pretty bad. But you may find good deals on some shoes and find some good discount brand fashion clothing. If you don't find much there, cross the road and take a PATH train to Pavonia Newport (that's in New Jersey on the other side of the river, takes about 7 minutes to get there). Go to Newport Center Mall - it's right next to the station. That mall has some department stores (Macy's, JC Penny, Sears) and lots of other stores and no sales tax.

August 03, 2005 09:14PM
I agree with you Leo, the only things I have ever bought at Century 21 are ties and business shirts for my sons. I always found it crowded and it took ages to find anything worth buying. The women's clothes were very disappointing. Filene's and Daffys are much better.
August 08, 2005 09:03AM
Err - excuse my ignorance (I'm from overseas - UK) but why is there no sales tax? I know you can ship out of state to save tax but I don't understand this.

Thanks

Faize
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 2