Photos onto CD

Posted by Felicity 
Photos onto CD
July 23, 2005 07:06AM
Hi!

Are there lots of places where I can get photos taken from my memory stick and put onto a CD in NY? What sort of prices do they charge to do this?

Also, I am trying to decide between Hotel Edison and Milford Plaza Inn. I have read the tripadvisor reviews, and am leaning toards Milford a little bit more (it is also slightly less expensive!). Any comments about these two?

Thanks!!!
KT
Re: Photos onto CD
July 23, 2005 07:34AM
There are loads of places which will do this...all the camera shops around Times Square and on 5th Ave, but if you want to go to a reliable named shop, go to B and H (bhphotovideo.com). I have had to get stuff transferred a couple of times and always prefer to use a reputable shop, as you can never get those images back! We paid about $7-10 dollars last year.
Betoracle
July 23, 2005 01:55PM
I also recommend you avoid the electronics stores around Times Square; many of them prey on tourists. B&H is very reliable. Be sure to check their web site for hours, as they close early on Fridays and are closed Saturdays.

I think it's a toss-up between the Milford Plaza & Hotel Edison. While you're comparing rates, you should read all the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com. Also compare the better reviewed theater district budget hotels, including Belvedere, Novotel, Broadway Inn (I think that's the name of it, it's on Bwy and 46th St.).

If there's no particular reason for you to stay in that area, it's much nicer on the upper west side (just 10-15 minutes away), and you might be able to get a better hotel rate to. Take a look at these hotels: Lucerne, Excelsior, Beacon, Belleclaire, Milburn.
July 23, 2005 02:03PM
At Walgreens, it is free to upload and store your photos online.

[photo.walgreens.com]
July 23, 2005 02:14PM

All I can say is..if Trip Advisor is suggesting Milford Plaza, I'm glad that I've never stayed at The Edison!!

Excuse me being so blunt, but when I stayed at the Milford Plaza, it was a hell hole! And, if you're wondering why..well, for starters...there was the dog dirt ground into the carpet...would you like me to go on..?
July 23, 2005 06:41PM
Isn't that the one they call the Milew Plaza?
July 24, 2005 02:32AM
Wow guys! That's really helpful, thanks smiling smiley
I will definitely be looking for an alternative to the Milford, then
July 24, 2005 09:27AM

Felicity..

I generaly stay at the Best West President on 44th..it's not too expensive if you book directly on line, and it's quite central too. I've been there four times now (and looking forward to staying there again in November), so it can't be that bad!

July 24, 2005 02:27PM
I have never gone wrong with a Best Western. I was looking at The President when we were at the lodging part of our trip.

My in-laws stayed at the Wellington and I thought it looked very nice (rooms and lobby) It is right across the street from The Carnagie Deli.
July 25, 2005 05:18AM
I have just been checking out the Best Western and the Wellington.
Wellington looks good, and within my price range! Have made a tenative booking there.
Best Western seems only to have rooms with more than one bed available, and I am travelling by myself. If it had single rooms, the price would probably be okay, but maybe they are all booked out?
Thanks for the suggestions, it is very very helpful smiling smiley
July 25, 2005 02:21PM

I thought New Yorkers paid room rate rather than by occupancy...??

I've always had a double room, which suits me...(but then I need somewhere to put all that shopping!)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 8