Big Daddy

Posted by English Shopper 
Big Daddy
July 21, 2005 01:38PM

Having just sat through the film Big Daddy....(with plenty of New York Shots...not long now!), and they walk past an electronic clock....

Does anyone know where this clock is..please?

ES
Re: Big Daddy
July 21, 2005 01:57PM
There's a huge electronic clock in Union Square...
Betoracle
July 21, 2005 02:09PM
I know I won't be seeing the movie, so describe the clock.

How many more big sleeps?
July 21, 2005 02:36PM

The clock is built into what looks like a wall with numbers 1 to 59, which are the seconds. As each second passes, the relevant number lights up ....

..and 129 Big Sleeps...Wahoo.....!!!
Red
July 21, 2005 02:42PM
It's at South Street Seaport.
Betoracle
July 21, 2005 02:46PM
I'll wire Macy's to restock.
July 21, 2005 02:47PM

Hopefuly they'll be some gear left..after all it will be holiday weekend! I must be mad!
July 21, 2005 05:39PM
You mean restock on Cosmo ingredients, right?smiling smiley
July 23, 2005 04:28PM
Watched. Been. Not seen.
December 01, 2005 05:57AM
Red Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's at South Street Seaport.

Well, I searched high and low in my quest to find this monument, but to no avail...I asked a guy in a kiosk..and he thought I wanted to BUY a clock, and pointed me in the direct on Conways (is the man mad, has he not heard of you know where..?), halfway through the conversation A couple of NYPD officers walked passed, so I asked them...they hadn't heard of it either! The guy in the kiosk then had a brainwave had shouted out to me.."you want a lock..?" The rather bemused police officers walked off and left me to it!
I then approached a guy at the Bodies exihibition, with the opening line "Have you ever seen the film Big Daddy...?" The conversation went down hill from there!

Maybe next time!!

December 01, 2005 10:32AM
Hmmm, maybe a trek into a Blockbuster? Actually a teen-ager would have been the best person to ask I bet. Most likely they would have seen the movie, and are at the age of exploration of their surroundings.
December 01, 2005 04:44PM
Apparently the clock is in the financial district. This is taken from a website: "In a scene where Sandler is talking to the kid, they are passing through the Greenwich Village area. In the next shot, they are walking in front of a "clock building" (one side has the numbers 1-12 and 0-59). This building is located on John Street in the financial district, which is over 2 miles away." (http://www.moviemistakes.com/film156) <-scroll down til you see the word "clock"
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 13?
Online Users

Guests: 5