East Village Bed and Coffee

Posted by Anthony01 
East Village Bed and Coffee
July 19, 2005 09:48AM
Hi - has anyone stayed here and could give me your thoughts. It looks a really nice and fun place to stay but just want to check it's not 'party central'!

Cheers,
Anthony
Re: East Village Bed and Coffee
July 19, 2005 02:46PM
I know Lisa was going to stay there on one of her trips over, but had to cancel. Not sure if she had stayed there previously. Could not find anything on the search.

I was planning on staying there until I opted for someplace on the Upper East Side.
My husband and I are scheduled to stay there in 2 weeks! I haven't stayed there before but have read great reviews. I will let you know what we think when we get back.
July 23, 2005 02:19PM
I'm pretty sure someone on here has said good things about it before.

I'm planning on staying there in November. The reviews are great (check www.tripadvisor.com to see for yourself).
August 11, 2005 02:04PM
We just got back from our trip and I'm reviewing EVB&C as promised.

First of all, my husband and I think that EVB&C ROCKS!!!!! I am going to be making our reservation soon to stay there next year because we loved it so much.

The rooms are a bit small (I think ours was 10x12), but with the shared living room and kitchen, it feels like a regular apartment. We felt like it was a second home and it was very comfortable and very clean. The biggest room I saw on our floor was the Black and White Room, which was pretty big (16x20 or a bit bigger) and had 2 double/queen size beds and 2 dressers. It also connects via a French door to the Flight Room, which is a single.

Anne is a doll and we had people from Arizona, Germany, Norway and France staying there and everyone was very nice. Also, most everyone there was in their 30's and 40's, so it wasn't like staying in a hostel with people partying all the time. (definitely not party central!)

All of the rooms have air conditioning and we stayed in the Children's Room on the third floor. We had absolutely no problems with noise, and no problems with the shared bathroom situation. We took our showers at night when we got in so we could leave early the next morning, but even in the mornings it wouldn't have been a problem because the bathroom was almost always open. You can use the bathrooms on the other floors if you have to as well.

There is a Mac computer on every floor, as well as a TV with cable. Everyone washed their own dishes and labeled the food in the fridge.

It was a bit of a walk (about 10 minutes) to the subway, but it was very safe and a relatively easy walk. We were coming in anywhere from 1am to 3am every morning and felt completely safe at all times.

It is about a 5 minute walk to St. Mark's Place, which has a gazillion restaurants and shops, some of which are open 24 hours.

I will definitely stay there again and highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to stay in a touristy area or hotel.
August 11, 2005 02:37PM
Thanks for the review Melanie. Now tell all that you did on your trip. Something fun kept you going till the wee hours of the morning!
August 11, 2005 04:39PM
Oh geez!! What didn't we do? We saw 4 Broadway shows (Spamalot, The Pillowman, Slava's Snowshow, and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?), got to meet all of the actors afterwards, went to the Metropolitan Museum, CBGB's, Joe's Pub (twice!) for "Samba New York" and a show called "Flopz", went to the "HA!" comedy club for the 12:30am show, took the L to Williamsburg and saw a free burlesque show (at Galapagos on Mondays), walked around at night on St. Mark's Place for hours. It was completely safe and we didn't feel like getting back just yet because we wanted to take it all in. I was even able to get a foot massage at 12:30am on St. Mark's!

Also, there's the nicest guy named Ray who owns "Ray's Candy Shop" right off of Tompkins Square in the East Village. His store is open 24 hours and he works the night shift. We kept going there because my husband decided that on vacation, he wanted an ice cream cone every night so that's where we went. Ray is a really sweet guy.

We didn't go back to EVB&C until our eyelids couldn't stay open anymore. We had a lot of fun this trip! We're already planning our next trip sometime next winter, we've not experienced NY in the snow yet. smiling smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 11?
Online Users

Guests: 7