Staying at the Crowne Plaza / Laguardia

Posted by nurselady 
Staying at the Crowne Plaza / Laguardia
June 27, 2005 09:13PM
What would be the best way to get to Times Square?
Subway, bus, taxi.... cheap would be good.
Thanks for your help.
Re: Staying at the Crowne Plaza / Laguardia
June 28, 2005 07:05AM
here is a previous posting about staying at hotels by Laguardia....

Staying near LaGuardia airport is a poor choice, as the airport is utterly unserved by subways and is basically a haul from Manhattan. You have to take a bus - either the Q33 or M60 - from a subway station to the airport, and then potentially a shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel, because the hotels aren't actually on airport property. Don't do it.
If you do insist on staying at that specific hotel, you get to Manhattan by taking the Q23 or Q48 bus - whichever comes first. Either bus will deliver you to a #7 subway station (103 St for the Q23, 111 St for the Q48.) Then you take the subway into the city. Bus + subway = $2 on a Metrocard.

There is really nothing - as in nothing, zip, zilch, no thing - within walking distance of there.
June 28, 2005 09:33AM
We were trying to save money. The room rate is $99/night.
Do you know of another hotel closer in that has decent rates?
Please let me know. Thanks.
June 28, 2005 09:36AM
Getting to Times Square from this hotel does sound complicated.
I am just trying to save money on the hotel room. Any suggestions
are welcome. Thanks
Try Hotel 17, Hotel 31, the Larchmont Hotel, the Washington Square Hotel, the West Side YMCA, or the Vanderbilt YMCA.
Or try priceline for something that normally costs more expensive but you'd want to get at 40% off... I got Roosevelt on 45th street for 150/nite this time which I think is a good deal.. wouldn't you say so, Red? smiling smiley
June 28, 2005 04:47PM
Well, I canceled the Crowne Plaza. Made reservations for 4 nights at The Avalon and 3 nights at the Belvedere. Got some good rates on quikbook.com.
Do these 2 hotels sound better?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 4