Celebrities

Posted by Celia 
Celebrities
June 11, 2005 10:39PM
I will be in New York for a week this summer, and I am anxious to see as many of the sites of NYC as I can. I am a movie buff and would love nothing more to see a celebrity. Where are some good locations, restaurants, shops, buildings, etc that I am most likely to see celebrities- actors and musicians? I am so excited! Also, are there any tours of popular movie locations throughout NYC. Thanks for your help!

Celia
Re: Celebrities
June 12, 2005 07:15AM
[www.sceneontv.com]
this would help you for the part of your question asking for movie locations and such.
Sue
June 13, 2005 07:51AM
There are now text messaging services which will send you a message when a celebrity is sighted and tell you exactly where they are.
One service is at www.upoc.com/group.jsp?group=see_celebs
also another www.upoc.com/group.jsp?group=nyccelebstal

both offer instantaneous updates as soon as a celebrity is spotted!

With all the problems lately with the papazzi this stalking service may have closed its doors.
Krissi
June 23, 2005 03:21PM
They are always filming movies downtown, you may wanna try places like Washington Square Park and such. Also there's a website called gawker.com that every few days or so lists "Gawker Stalker" where NYers can write in their celeb sightings to give you a clue.

Good luck
jl
June 27, 2005 05:08PM
I went to Dos Caminos in Soho and saw Ben and Jen there. Upon leaving, saw a bigger star citing, Ringo Starr. All w/in 15 minutes. Always find celebs hanging out at the 4 seasons bar
Leo
June 28, 2005 01:03PM
Just walk around in midtown during the day (around Rockefeller Center area, 7th ave next to Shraton New York hotel). I used to work in the area and saw a few celebrities there, but they don't walk there all the time. But because it's close to CNN and FoxNews and NBC studios, you have a chance to see them on those streets.

But your best bet is fancy/expensive bars and restaurants. Restaurants like Four Seasons, Jean Georges, Daniel, Nobu, Per Se, Il Mullino, Tribecca Grill, etc. are good bets, but prepare to pay a lot for your food, and in some of these like Nobu advance reservations are required.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 4