Gripes

Posted by Charlie 
Charlie
Gripes
May 04, 2005 10:20AM
Could you please tell me what pisses New Yorkers off the most during the course of your frentic, hetic schedules? Like for instance 'I hate people who stand on elevators' or 'I can't stand people who sing out loud with thier I pods' or 'I hate the summers in NYC' or....thank you New Yorkers for your opinions.
Kelly M
Re: Gripes
May 04, 2005 06:18PM
I hate it when I am walking down the steet and people just STOP dead in their tracks to look at something and make others bump into them. Also hate it when people stand on down escalators, or stand on the walking side. Or when people wear big backpacks in the subway and swing them around like nobody is around them.
May 05, 2005 03:43AM

Seems like you've got universal problems there!

Another REALLY annoying thing is people that stop at the end of an escalator to work out which way they want to go...unaware that there are people behind them. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Natalie
May 05, 2005 12:32PM
As an English girl heading to New York in 2 weeks, which is the walking side of an escalator? I remember being on one last time i was in New York and a man behind me got mildly annoyed because I wasn't walking!! I can't remember which side I was on though! I do like to try and fit in.
May 05, 2005 03:32PM
Generally walk on the left of the escalator and stand on the right. I can't stand slow meandering walkers. I like to walk fast so as to get to the place and get some exercise while doing it. Big groups that cover the entire sidewalk are super annoying to me but I get around that, I just walk on the street when necessary! smiling smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 19?
Online Users

Guests: 4