What are the top 10 best upscales neighborhood in Brooklyn and Queens

Posted by Leah 
I've been interested in moving to New York City for a very long time. But after a lot of research I realized that NYC is just too expensive. So I've been researching neighborhoods in the 5 boroughs of Manhattan and I've norrowed down my choices to 2 boroughs and I've decided to start looking for places to live in Brooklyn and Queens, but I still need more info on which hoods are the best, upscale ones. So if anyone can give me some suggestions I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
Uh ... if cost is a problem, then you will have problems in the most expensive neighborhoods of Brooklyn. What is your budget?
five boroughs of New York City, not 5 boroughs of Manhattan.
Brooklyn Heights, probably the most upscale in Brooklyn, is no cheaper than Manhattan.
Tell us your budget and we'll see what fits.
Yestereday I walked all over lower and highr Park Slope, Brooklyn. It really is a whole different world. Gorgous brown stones and lots hapening on 5th Ave. Need a budget.
Re: What are the top 10 best upscales neighborhood in Brooklyn and Queens
April 18, 2005 08:51PM
I am also looking at moving into brooklyn. I have found lots of cheap apartments all over brooklyn and queens online (650 to 800). I would like to get a place around 700 until i can get on my feet. I am wondering whether there is a catch to these cheap apartments (as in they may be about 100 square feet, or they are in crumby neighborhoods). If anyone would like to add the neighborhoods to stay away from that would be equally helpful for me.
nicer neighborhoods in brooklyn include:
brooklyn heights
carroll gardens
prospect park area
boerum hill
fort greene
cobble hill
clinton hill
kensington
bay ridge (getting farther away from the city but some people on this site like this area)
williamsburg
greenpoint

there's more, that's just what I can think of now.
I'll do nice neighborhoods in Queens.

Astoria
Sunnyside
Woodside
Jackson Heights
Forest Hills (now getting farther from Manhattan and much quieter)
Kew Gardens
Rego Park
Bayside
Thanks for all the suggestions EVERYONE, all of the input will really help me begin to research specific neighborhoods now. Thanks a lot, you all are great!

-- Leah
Brighton Beach in Brooklyn is on top of the list
Re: What are the top 10 best upscales neighborhood in Brooklyn and Queens
April 21, 2005 05:42PM
What about Crown Heights in Brooklyn?
Kinda putting the cart before the horse, aren't you? I mean to go so far as researching upscale restaurants,before you even move to town?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 8