trendy restaurants and bars

Posted by Monica 
trendy restaurants and bars
March 27, 2005 10:31PM
Im going to NY in april and woul like to know wich are the hotter spots and trendy restaurants and bars coul anyone help me???
Kelly M
Re: trendy restaurants and bars
March 28, 2005 06:17AM
Pastis is one that is definately trendy...9 Ninth Ave, (at Little West 12th Street),
Also by the same owners is Schiller's at 131 Rivington St. (Lower East Side) .
Someone named Kevin posted a few yesterday...look under postins for Chinese and Italian made very recently.
Krissi
March 28, 2005 09:00AM
Gramercy Park Hotel has a great outdoor bar. Plunge at Hotel Gansevoort is good too. Pastis is a good choices too, as is Schiller's (owned by the same person), Apt is good, Bungalow 8, Capitale, Hudson Bar. All very trendy, upscale spots.

For places with a more of a downtown "hipster" feel, try Guernica, Solas, Industry and Fun.

For restaurants, sky's the limit. I like Asia de Cuba, Craft, Spice Market, and I hear David Burke and Donatella is divine. For a less pricey meal, try Kitchen 22 or Kitchen 82 (same restaurant, different locations) it's really cute and trendy with a $25 prix-fixe menu served all night. Butter is a new hot spot where all the young celebs (ie the Olsen twins) often. I personally have never been.

Just google the names of the places for directions (or you are welcome to ask us here)
Brian
March 28, 2005 09:47AM
The Gramercy Park Hotel is closed for renovations.

Located in the heart of New York's most fashionable and delightful neighorhoods, our hotel has served an international clientele since the day we opened our doors more than 75 years ago.
The Hotel is located on and overlooking 'magical' Gramercy Park, New York City's only private park, built in 1831. As a guest of the Hotel, a special key will unlock the Park's gate for you and your guests.
The legendary Gramercy Park Hotel, overlooking Gramercy Park, is the only hotel on 'magical' Gramercy Park where our guests can visit and frolic in the Park after our Doorman, using a Special Key, opens the Park's gate for them.
The Gramercy Park Hotel is where an eleven-year-old President to be John F. Kennedy lived with his parents, Rose and Joseph P. Kennedy. It is the Hotel where a 27 year old Humphrey Bogart married Helen Mencken on the Roof Garden, and where Babe Ruth was politely asked, on more than one occasion, to leave our famous bar.

Krissi
March 28, 2005 11:16AM
Good catch Brian! Anyone know when it is re-opening?
April 02, 2005 03:48PM
Thanks all for all the great places you have posted I hope to visit many of them on my trip and THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU who help so many of us with usefull information about NY Thanks All
October 22, 2007 06:51AM
here is a super trendy restaurant right now...
Freeman's on the lower east side.
[nymag.com]
I finally went there for the first time this weekend. the food was really good, you can plan on about $70 per person after a couple drinks and tip. I've tried to go there before, but the place does not accept reservations and usually you must wait for at least an hour for a table because the place is so popular. This time we got there right at 6:00 when they opened. By 6:30, all tables were full.It was really good. Yum.
October 22, 2007 06:56AM
ok, may as well post the other trendy (italian) restaurant I've recently been to...also really yummy food, and cheaper than Freemans. no reservations here, also, so either come early, or be prepared to wait at the bar and have drink or two. It's called "supper", also on the lower east side (east village).
[supperrestaurant.com]
they have a different risotto each day, and each I've tried has been good. Also, on Thursday, the breaded chicken cutlet is delicious.
October 26, 2007 12:06PM
230 5th Check it out....Fantastic rooftop!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 17?
Online Users

Guests: 5