The Cable Sky Ride has Disappeared?!

Posted by Susan 
Hello,

The last time I was in NYC was about 6 years ago. During that time, I had a ride on some sort of sky-ride public transportation, it was like one of those big ski-lift rides that carry about 15 people in a device hanging from a cable, and traveled really high across one of the rivers and I had a great view of the city. But now I can't find anything like that mentioned anywhere. Was it all just a dream?? Sure seemed real at the time!!

Thanks,
Susan
Re: The Cable Sky Ride has Disappeared?!
March 20, 2005 11:45AM
Is it the tram to Roosevelt Island?Try this link....[www.ny.com]
Red
March 20, 2005 06:08PM
That's absolutely the Roosevelt Island Tram, and it's running very healthily and happily. You can even use Metrocard now.

THANK YOU!!

That's definitely it!

I was beginning to truly believe that it had just been a dream...

Thank you so much!

March 23, 2005 03:31PM
The entrance is just up the road from Serendipity, so you could combine a trip on the tram with lunch! Reservations are advised though. You can make a reservation by calling them directly.

Was once van Mullem, am now just Cozz!
Hi,

I'm Italian and I'm coming in NYC from the 31St of August to the 6Th of September. I'm looking for a flat that has an accessible price for the little time I'll stay in NYC. Can you look it for me?Answer soon as possible.

Thanks,Marina.
You can always try Craigslist. [newyork.craigslist.org]
August 19, 2008 07:39AM
You are leaving it very late to find accommodation and for such a short period of time it would be much better to book a hotel. You could try a bed and breakfast like www.jacksbandb.com but it is unlikely they will have vacancies and I think you will find that most places like it are booked well ahead. Some Hotels that come to mind are The Herald Square, The Beacon and The Wellington.

Beware, there have been many apartment rental scams.
August 19, 2008 12:22PM
Marea is right.

I gave a friend the name of all the apt and B&B places I have a list of, for the same dates you are going, and none were available for the whole time, only a day here or a day there.

He is staying instead at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 5