How much dough one need ?

Posted by divyang 
How much dough one need ?
March 17, 2005 07:58AM
Hi,
I'm an Indian, 25 male, I'm coming to NYC next month, I wanna explore the whole city, I mean- broadway,nbc shows, improv,movies,Clubs and pubs ,lounges,restaurants, mets , rockeffelar center.
I'm there atleast for 25 days, I wanna know how much green should I bring on me to have real NYC experience?
I wanna be aware of every costs I'll confront, Could I pick up some parttime job to support my self there for a while, I'm a graduate and have a deploma in Busi.Management, I'm very good at accounting.
Every tincy bit of help will mean a world to me.
Thanks.
Love U All
I Love NYC !!!
Divyang
Kelly M
Re: How much dough one need ?
March 17, 2005 02:46PM
I don't think that in 25 days you could organize a job for yourself over here, even if you had all the proper paperwork and permits and such. It sounds like you have big plans for things you want to do and see while here in NYC. Other than your hotel budget, I'd say give yourself about $100 per day, easily, if you want to do things like go to broadway shows and such.
March 18, 2005 04:49AM
Thanks Kelly M, for your help. I'll be real grateful if you could guide me with little elaboration. such as tickets prices and living expences; You know what, I might extend my stay in NYC to 90 days and pick up some small-time job and experience the real working class life of a Yankie. My motive is not just too See NYC but to experience the everyday life of a yankie for a while; who knows, I might end-up being one !!!
Thanx
Any help will be precious.
Love
Divyang
Red
March 18, 2005 08:08AM
Divyang, you can't just show up here and get a job. For a foreigner, getting a job in the US is a very complicated and difficult experience, involving long waits and lots of paperwork. If you just intend to stay here for a few weeks or months, it's pretty much impossible, because the US will not grant you a working visa. Enjoy the city without breaking our laws!

$100 a day?

Are you mad? I can do that in half an hour in Macys...!
March 18, 2005 02:08PM
Half an hour? That long ? Surely that would be with you on crutches and both arms in plaster so you couldn't get your wallet out?
March 23, 2005 08:12AM
I'm going next week with my wife and have planned going to some top restaurants, bars, clubs etc etc we reckon about $700 a day for both of us (and that doesn't include any shopping)
Sal
March 23, 2005 09:20AM
I wanna to hang out with Tom.
Leo
March 24, 2005 03:29PM
It realy depends where you are staying, for example. If you really want to make it cheap, find yourself a sublet for 25 days or some long stay motel where you can stay cheaply. As far as I understand, the chepest hotel room you can find in the city would run you at least $90/day if you include taxes, and I am talking about hotels with shared bathrooms. Then you can buy Broadway show tickets at the Times Squre box office the same day at half-price. There are numerous web sites that offer Broadway tickets with discounts. Here is the one I use:

[www.broadwaybox.com]

A regular price fot he Broadway musical performance is about $100.

You can explore many museums for free (Metropolitan and Nat History only have suggested admission and most private museums have some days or evenings where there's no charge to enter).

Clubs: That depends. Again, there are lots of web sites where you can get on the guestlist and get large discounts. I bet you can get into some for free.

Visiting Rockefeller center is free, obviously smiling smiley You have some restaurants where you can eat for $8 and some where $100 would not be enough. It's a large city. You can have a decent meal for $15-20, I think.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 17?
Online Users

Guests: 2