St. patrick's day

Posted by Amanda 
Amanda
St. patrick's day
March 15, 2005 09:13PM
Hello there, can somebody tell me about the st.patrick's day parade? I'm new here and would like to go. So where ist it going and where are cool partys? Thx for your answeres!
Re: St. patrick's day
March 16, 2005 09:20AM
Can anybody tell me what St. Patricksday is ??

(I'm from Holland)
March 16, 2005 12:04PM
St Patrick's Day is a national day celebrated by the Irish in honour of their patron saint. It is celebrated all over the world by parades, I was at one in New Orleans on Friday (they have around 3 down there). Look up www.historychannel.com/exhibits/stpatricksday/index.jsp?page=history for more info about the history of the parade. The first parade was actually here in the US and the one in New York is the biggest in the world. The one in Sydney is always huge with an open air party and concert afterwards in a public reserve on the harbour. It is the end of summer there so the weather is usually very warm. My husband was at the one in Tokyo a few years ago and he said it was fantastic. In Ireland itself they have only been having the parades in more recent years because it was originally a religious holiday there.

Beannachtai na Feile Padraig orairbh! Or, St Patrick's Day blessing upon you.
March 16, 2005 12:09PM
In answer to Amanda's original question, look at www.saintpatricksdayparade.com/NYC/newyorkcity.htm for info about this year's parade and also some more history of the parade.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 13?
Online Users

Guests: 22