Dutch Restaurants in NYC ????

Posted by Ivan 
Dutch Restaurants in NYC ????
February 28, 2005 11:45AM
Hey everyone,

It's me ..again..

I am in NY for about 1,5 week already. And not that American food is not good....because it's delicious !

But I miss the food of Holland a little bit. Does anybody know if there is a Dutch (Holland) restaurant in NYC ? If yes...where ??

Thanks again !

Ivan
Re: Dutch Restaurants in NYC ????
February 28, 2005 11:49AM
There used to be only one Dutch restaurant in Zagat's, a place called NL. It's not in the current directory though.
Ben
February 28, 2005 01:16PM
Ivan,
Sorry about finding a Dutch restaurant here in the city. Sounds like a good bussiness opportunity. I was wondering could you describe what Dutch food is about? Like what is your favorite Dutch meal?
Kelly M
February 28, 2005 01:33PM
try Bocal
Dutch, French
169 Sullivan St,
New York 10012
Phone: 212-387-8801

How about Belgian? Is that close enough? smiling smiley
if so, try Markt on the corner of 9th ave and 14th st.
February 28, 2005 03:09PM
Belgium food is not close to Dutch food.

My favourite dutch food is " Hutspot ".

Mashed potatoes with carrot, union, sausages. It's great !

You really should try it.
February 28, 2005 04:01PM
Mmmmm, that does sound delicious. Sounds a little Polish too, depending on the kind of sausage.
March 01, 2005 09:19AM
It is really delicious ! I don't know if you guys have it over here, but the sausage name in Holland is : Rookworst. ( " Smoked Sausage ")
March 01, 2005 10:13AM
Living in Holland as I do, I also love Dutch food. But how on earth can you be missing it after a week and a half Ivan?!
The Rookworst is a little like a hotdog in texture but tastes more smoked and is also larger and usually shaped like a horseshoe.
I'd try a polish deli or maybe a German deli for the sausage.

Was once van Mullem, am now just Cozz!
March 01, 2005 11:35AM
I had a look in Zagats and they don't list any Dutch restaurants but they do list one as European (whatever is meant by that I don't know) it may have some Dutch food though, it is on Bleecker St betwen Charles and West 10 Sts, the phone number is 212 929 4774, maybe you could ring them and ask. I love rookwurst, we have it in most supermarkets in Australia, in fact I used to work for a company which made it, it was started by a Dutch immigrant. I haven't really noticed it here but will keep my eye out for it and let you know if I see any.
March 01, 2005 12:39PM
Hi marea,

Thanks for the info. I have just got the phone with them, but unfortunately they only serve like French and Italian food. Too bad...

But thanks anyway !

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 9