The Gates Unfurl at Sunrise Saturday!!!

Posted by Oracle 
The Gates Unfurl at Sunrise Saturday!!!
February 11, 2005 03:39PM
Cannot wait.

For more info, [www.centralparknyc.org]
Did you go Oracle?
Re: The Gates Unfurl at Sunrise Saturday!!!
February 13, 2005 04:38PM
Absolutely! I walked through the east side yesterday, and south / west side today. Wish I had a 5th Ave. penthouse view!

It's really something. And incredible how many people are outside in February.
February 14, 2005 04:52AM
Mum is making sure her group are going to be able to have plenty of time to make sketches and take pictures. We'll be going from the Met and walking down to the south end of the park. By looking at the online map, they should then have seen half of it.
I'm looking forward to seeing it, though I still think it looks like buddhist monks washing. I think you have to be there to enjoy it.

Was once van Mullem, am now just Cozz!
KM
February 14, 2005 08:02AM
I loved it. Did anyone venture to raise up the plastic covering up over the bolts at the base? I must say the shiny bolts were gorgous, kinda wish they were exposed and not hidden. Probably a security call as well as aesthetic. Can't wait to get back. It felt like a summer day in Feb with all the crowds. Fantastic!
I watched George Stephonapolis talk about it Friday night, and then watched Sunday Morning yesterday. Thought of you Oracle and kept looking for you in the crowd. It looked magical. It is the only Christo project I have found favorable. I really only know the Colorado and Marin, CA projects. The Gates actually do look festive, like something special is being celebrated. I wish I could see it and feel the energy. It would have been a fantastic birthday present. Enjoy it Lisa! I envy you.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 4