Best Moderately Expensive Restaurant

Posted by Lenny 
Lenny
Best Moderately Expensive Restaurant
February 09, 2005 12:51PM
There are quite few famous restaurants in New York, like Nobu and Jean Groeges, Cafe Des Artistes, etc. What is the best deal (in terms of cost) among those fancy restaurants? I want to experience excellent cooking, but hopefully not spend too much (below $100 for 2). I am not talking about a 3-course meal for $100. 1 salad, 2 dishes, 1 desert, 1 glass of wine and 2 cups of coffee is all I need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2005 12:52PM by (n/a).
Beatrix
Jean Claude
February 15, 2005 12:42PM
Fabulous French bistro in Soho. Very affordable but the food and ambiance are divine.

137 Sullivan Street
New York, New York 10012-3057
Marybeth
Re: Best Moderately Expensive Restaurant
February 16, 2005 06:39AM
have you seen the A list page of this site? That may give you some ideas.
February 16, 2005 10:19AM
I think the best "bang for the buck" (as Zagat's puts it) is Po, the tiny Italian restaurant in the West Village. Good luck getting a reservation!
Krissi
February 18, 2005 09:45AM
I went to Chez Josephine for Valentine's Day and it was WONDERFUL! Food was great, very romantic. It's an homage to Josephine Baker, has live music, and is owned by her son, who is the charming matre 'd. It's on 42nd Street and 9th Ave. For 2 we spent around $100 for 2 appetizers, the cheapes bottle of wine offered, and 2 main courses.

Also try Beyoglu, a Turkish place on 81st and 3rd. Really good.
Lenny
February 18, 2005 02:12PM
I have been to Chez Josephine. It was indeed good, but I thought was quite expensive for the food/service. However I must notice that most French restaurants in the city are very expensive.

I will check out Beyonglu. Thanks!
I don't know if I would say it is one of the "best" in the city, but I ate here last night and it was pretty good, I'd go back.
Madison Bistro
on Madison between 37th and 38th, on the west side of Madison Ave.
There was a prix-fixe menu for $29. All was delicious, service and atmosphere also good, and the place was packed, so I guess I'm not the only one who likes it.
Dinner for two of us (with 2 glasses of wine each) was $120, and that is with the tip.
[www.madisonbistro.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 4?
Online Users

Guests: 8