Help again!

Posted by Cozz 
Help again!
February 09, 2005 05:51AM
Hiya one and all.
I need help choosing a restaurant again. It's still for the whopping 47 people, needs to be reasonably priced and this time has to preferbly be in the Times Square area. I found several mentions of Johns Pizza on this site, but looking on the net I've found two different places. One near Times Square and another on East 64th. Which one is the good one? I really need to be around the Times Square area but I also thought of Grimaldis which of course is in Brooklyn but I thought the views for the kids would be brilliant for their last night in New York. Is this place big enough for 47 people though?
I've already made reservations at Ellens, Carmines is a bit expensive for school kids... I need your help!!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance m8es and m8ettes.
L.

Was once van Mullem, am now just Cozz!
Re: Help again!
February 09, 2005 08:37AM
Hi Lisa,

Love the idea of the walk across the bridge. I thnk the kids would love it. I just tried calling Grimaldi's to see if they could accomodate 47 but they aren't open yet. They open around noon. The recorded message did say that they do not take reservations. Here's the link

[www.grimaldis.com]

Another way to do the walk across the bridge is to take the subway to Brooklyn, walk back to Manhattan and then go to South Street Seaport. There are lots of places there to eat. I just checked, 2 Pizza places, Burgers and Nathans Hot Dogs along with a whole list of everything else. There is a food court with lots of open space. It could work out very well for 47.

[www.southstreetseaport.com]

See you soon!

G
February 09, 2005 08:48AM
John's has four locations, I believe. You want the one on W. 44th St. in the theater district.

Carmine's will be much more expensive, but considering that each dish feeds 5-6 people, it's not outrageous. (carminesnyc.com)

Another option is Virgil's BBQ (same owners as Carmine's). I think their site is www.virgilsbbq.com.
February 09, 2005 03:22PM
Now I'm sure I replied to this already!

I rang Grimaldis and just like you said Gerry, they don't take reservations. They can sit 60 or more but we might have to wait and that isn't really an option with so many people. He was quite rude and hung up the phone when I was still talking!!! Made me chuckle, cheeky charlie!

I'd love to walk the bridge as I think the kids will love it. We have a bit of problem with one of the teachers though. She is 5 months pregnant and is of course in the "I am the only woman who has gone through this" mode at the moment and feels weak and willing. She can't manage anything more strenuous than shopping so a Bridge walk might be the straw that breaks the pregnant ladies back.

I've just got off the phone with a lovely chap from Carmines on the Upper West, not far from our hotel and they can do us a meal including unlimited soft drinks for $30 (ex tax and grat) which I think is brilliant! I have of course booked with them after all! So thanks for the suggestions, will work the Johns into it anyhow for yours truly!

Was once van Mullem, am now just Cozz!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 8