Michelangelo Hotel or Hotel Benjamin?

Posted by Marcia 
Michelangelo Hotel or Hotel Benjamin?
February 07, 2005 07:41AM
Hi everyone,
Could anyone give me advice on which of these hotels would be the better choice? I have exhausted myself reading the reviews on Trip Advisor.com as the two are rated very similiarly. We like boutique type of hotels and in the past have stayed at Hotel Girafee and the Library Hotel which we loved both but want to try something different. The Benjamin looks a little more like a business class hotel than I would prefer but again, it's very hard to pick a room based on small pictures on the internet. If anyone has any suggestions about either these hotels or any others, please let me know. This is our 3rd trip to NY in as many years and we'll be coming in August this year to celebrate my dreaded 40th. We would like to spend around $250.00-$300.00 per night so obviously the best rated Ritz Carlton and Trump is out of our price range. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Re: Michelangelo Hotel or Hotel Benjamin?
February 07, 2005 09:17AM
I've never seen the guest rooms at either hotel, so my opinion is based solely on location. Go for the Michelangelo! The best thing about the Benjamin's location is that it's a shorter walk to the UN, Grand Central Station, and Bloomingdale's. The Michelangelo is in a much better location, with easy access to many subway lines (1, 9, C, E, N, R, W, Q). The only complaints I read about it had to do with their poor buffet breakfast and no coffee in the rooms. We use the Michelangelo for most of our corporate executives, and they love the place.
I concur with the previous poster's recommendation. The Michaelangelo Hotel was wonderful, beautifully appointed, great service, and right by all the subways.

I concur. One of my co-workers bless her heart is very picky, and very snobby (but also a heart of gold - she bought my tickets to NYC the last trip), The Michalangelo is her favorite hotel to stay at in NYC, and alas, she is there a lot for her job. Not me for mine.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 14?
Online Users

Guests: 7