Owing a place in NYC !

Posted by Divyang Mandviwala 
Owing a place in NYC !
January 31, 2005 05:03AM
Hi, I'm planning to move to NYC in near future & I want to own a place there, I'm 25 Male -single, One room Kitchen & hall would be cozy enough for me, I might take a roommate, afterword.
I've heard that Queens & Brooklyn are good too, But I'm not sure, I'd prefer to live in the manhattan if I get good deal in apartment there.
If you can halp me know the prices of the apartment I require, in the city and in the boros, I 'll be grateful from the bottom of my heart.
Additional informations other than this would be Welcomed aswell.
Bye,
Have a Beautiful day !!!
DIVYANG
Re: Owing a place in NYC !
February 01, 2005 03:51AM
Hi Divyang, I suggest doing a search of the forum as there have been loads of posts about appartments. If you still have any questions after doing a search, feel free to ask!
Marybeth
February 02, 2005 04:57AM
you should go to www.nytimes.com and go to the classifieds section. there you do a search on apartments for sale in each neighborhood in each borough and specify your requirements like size and price, and see what's available. It's a good site for checking real estate available. NYPost.com is OK too. And on both these sites you will find ads for real estate brokers in the area and you could visit these sites too. Beware...buying a place in NYC is very expensive.
February 05, 2005 07:03AM
Thank for the help,Marybeth!
February 16, 2005 03:21PM
Expect to pay at least $750,000 for a studio if it's within a 20 mile radius of Manhattan for a decent one bedroom apartment.
Marybeth
February 17, 2005 06:29AM
$750K for a studio? That's way too high. You will pay about $250K tops.
February 20, 2005 07:57PM
$250K for a 1-bedroom- how big would you say that'd be under 500sqft?
February 20, 2005 08:59PM
I can say Craigslist.com would have the best available on-line info. on apartments or any kind of housing. Manhattan is the best place to move. You're pretty much in the center of it all. Manhattan is where it's at. Queens is also beautiful. Good luck.
February 22, 2005 01:22PM
Fact: the average price of buying an apartment in Manhattan is 1.5 million.
Fact: Typically you are expected to pay 10% up front. (Sometimes 20%.)
10% of 1,500,000 = 150,000.

Once you own the apartment, you usually pay maintenance, depending on the set-up of the building. This goes towards Superintendent/Doorman/Elevator Operators' (in really nice places) salaries.

If you use a broker to find a place, it will be even more money as they typically expect 3 months' rent as payment.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 5